Parents Level 7

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter will be a level 7 next year. She would like to either do a double salto or a full? Her season has ended so she is able to start working on skills for next year.

Double back is a D, double front is an E skill, so Level 9 is the first time you can do those skills. My daughter just competed 7 and we didn't see a single full in the regular season. It was probably 95 percent RO-BHS-BLO, with a few FLOs, and a forward pass of either FHS-FT/FP or FT-FT.

What skills does your daughter currently have? Also she cannot do a double back, and she can only do a full if she also does a front or back layout, so they are rarely done in Level 7.
Front handspring, front tuck. Round off back handspring back tuck, she does have a full just not in her current routine. She also can do a double back handspring back tuck.

Double back is a D, double front is an E skill, so Level 9 is the first time you can do those skills. My daughter just competed 7 and we didn't see a single full in the regular season. It was probably 95 percent RO-BHS-BLO, with a few FLOs, and a forward pass of either FHS-FT/FP or FT-FT.
Front handspring, front tuck. Round off back handspring back tuck, she does have a full just not in her current routine. She also can do a double back handspring back tuck.
Maybe you had your terms wrong? You said she had a double back, salto, but that means a double front or back tuck, pike, or layout. A double handspring is just 2 acro flight skills. A salto is a flip without hands. Level 7 requires a front or back layout without a twist, and a single front salto.

Maybe you had your terms wrong? You said she had a double back, salto, but that means a double front or back tuck, pike, or layout. A double handspring is just 2 acro flight skills. A salto is a flip without hands. Level 7 requires a front or back layout without a twist, and a single
I said she would like to have double salto, which does not sound like it's allowed for level 7. She would like to do full twist if its allowed.

She can do a full as long as she also does a layout. So if she does 3 passes she could fit both in. Or could she do handspring front layout for the front pass. Or front layout, front tuck. That way she could keep to 2 passes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back