Off Topic fantasy gymnastics clothing line

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Optionals United

Coach
Gymnast
Reaction score
Ok some of the threads on here have got me thinking, what if we made are a gymnastics clothing line. Not for real, but like what kinda of clothing do you wish that they made that would be more realistic for gymnasts.

In our gymnastics clothing line I would want..... long sleeve shirts that you can bend your arms in(because shirts that actually fit me I cant bend my arms at ALL) and that you would be able to put your hands together in front of you without the back like pinching you. Also jeans that you can bend in.. like really! how do people stand wearing jeans that you can sit and move in i dont get it!:D

So im asking everyone to join in and have a little fun! What would you want/ put in our gymnastics clothing line???:)

Shoes that don't hurt my feet! Also jeans that have a SMALL waist! :) Maybe some big sweatshirts. Not that those don't already exist, but in an ideal world, I would wear XL sweatshirts everyday. :D So comfy!

cute, but comfy sweatpants!! lol i love being comfy, too!! Who doesn't!???! :D

i actually design my own leos so it would be awesome to have them on a line :)

What about a nice, comfy long-sleeved cotton t-shirt with grips built in? :) Haha. I agree about the stretchy jeans!

Strechy, strechy, STRECHY jeans :)

Shirts you can bend your arms in :)

Non slip fuzzy socks. REALLY NON SLIP fuzzy socks :) It's hard to do a simple handstand in 'em, when they just slide right out.

Oh gosh. I want both cute and casual clothes that are built for varying shapes of gymnast/former gymnast. Stuff for both around the house, and well fitting "I am a really real grownup" clothes.

I want shirts that fit my "yes, I did do giants, and yes, I can spot teenagers" shoulders without the rest being hilariously large.
I want pants that fit my muscular legs without them being baggy in the waist.
I want shoes that don't feel like shoes (that'd never happen. ever. a girl can dream).
I want a dress, just one!, that fits said shoulders AND doesn't cling to said legs AND isn't shaped like a sack. (again, a girl can dream).

Oh yes, Coachgoofy!! lol I completely forgot - Pants that fit my legs!! I have to get jeans that are too long and too big in the waist, just because a smaller size won't fit over my leg muscles!!

This isn't just a problem for gymnasts, either. My roommates are D1 soccer players and they have some of the same problems finding pants made for muscular thighs and tiny waists. I think a company choosing to make clothes for girls with athletic builds could potentially be very successful!
I'll just echo most of the other suggestions here already- pants that fit my thighs and aren't huge around the waist, shirts that fit across my shoulders without being baggy elsewhere, those kinds of things. I've pretty much just given up on button down shirts because they never fit across my shoulders correctly. And dress shopping is always a depressing experience. My shoulders are too big for the one size, I try the next size up and it's way too big around the waist, very frustrating!

0.o

My dress problem was solved, ish. Someone gave me a dress from a swing dance clothing manufacturer, and it fits. It fits like it was made just for me.

I'm gunna assume they're marketing towards an athletic shape, b/c dresses just don't fit me.

I agree with jeans that fit your legs and waist, and also long sleeve shirts your arms fit into!
Also coats, any suggestions on where to get a nice light winter coat that fits the shoulders but isn't huge in the rest of it?

Jeans

Jeans that are stretchy, and softer kind of. You know how they are kind of scratchy/hard when you get them. I have a pair of jeggings and they are really comfy and stretchy. Oh, and also shorter pants, if they fit me in the waist they don't feel right in the thighs or are too long! GRRR.... this really bugs me.

Feminine tops and dresses for a girl with broad shoulders. All I can get are baggy ones or t-shirts. I have tops and dresses that fit, they just don't flatter that shape.

Jeans that are stretchy, and softer kind of. You know how they are kind of scratchy/hard when you get them. I have a pair of jeggings and they are really comfy and stretchy. Oh, and also shorter pants, if they fit me in the waist they don't feel right in the thighs or are too long! GRRR.... this really bugs me.

No! Not shorter pants! My ankles are already sticking out of my jeans! LOL. I guess our clothing line would have slim, short and long jean options. :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back