Fear of going backwards, please help!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok, so a while ago, I was practicing my backwards walkovers and I sort of fell over, but I didn't land on my head or injure myself or anything but it gave me a real scare. Anyway in real gymnast spirit I got back up and did my walkover again and I was fine. Anyway, a few weeks later the same thing happened again except this time I didn't get up again. Since then I have been really scared of going backwards, like even doing bridges (back bends.) I still do bridges but I do them really fast and don't think about what I'm doing cause I'm scared that if I wait for too long I'll fall over again. I'm also really scared of doing walkovers.

Is there anyone that could give me any advice? I really need some

what you need to do is really go back to basics with your coach i.e back walkover on cylinder so you can't fall then progress to back walkover with heavy spot and gradually take the spot away :)

haha i only said that because your poems are so inspirational that i think if you wrote one on getting over fear you would be helping yourself lol

haha i only said that because your poems are so inspirational that i think if you wrote one on getting over fear you would be helping yourself lol

I think that she was looking for physical ways to get over her fear, not emotional.

But for getting into the right mood, that's a good idea!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back