Parents First class

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

patches lee

Proud Parent
DD had her first class. It wasn't what I was expecting for some things. I thought each group woukd be praticing at seperate times. Turns out they overlap classes so the place had about 30-40 girls plus the comp team all there at the begining, and by the time we left only the comp team was left. I didn't mind it except she seemed to get sidetracked when they were going to something else and would end up on whatever open equipment there was. The 2 coaches had her go last on everything so she could see the other girls do things first. The only problems was cause of her height, mats stacked up to straddle the bar wasn't high enough so she had to use her arms more to get up. And the poor kid couldn't reach the drinking fountain lol. But she was happy and had fun.

Gymnastics gyms are kind of organized chaos! One time a friend came to watch my daughter and she was amazed at how many kids there were, all over the place, but everything ran smoothly in spite of it. Competitions are even that way. All the events happen simultaneously. Welcome to the world of gymnastics! It's so much fun to watch the little bitty ones. :)

you should have seen when my DD made my brother (6 ft tall) do a Back Arch! talk about funny! Once your at the gym a bit longer, everything will make more sense and snap into place a bit more easily for you. You will also probably end up watching all of the girls and boys if your gym has them, and not just your DD. I like watching the older girls (level 5+) do their routines because the tricks are just awesome! I also imagine when my DD gets to do that stuff. Or you just may want to take a tablet or something to do because at times it will get boring. and please please please for the sake of your bum and back, buy a stadium seat! we just have bleachers at my gym and they help!

It really is amazing to watch how organized yet chaotic the gym is. My daughter is the youngest in all her classes and she has the same problem with reaching everything-just a few more inches would really help (even after her mad growth spurt last month)

1. We've definetly got stadium seats DH just had double hip replacement surgery at x-mas. (35 y/o) :-( He tried to sit for one pratice wasn't very comfortable. Part of the reason for not getting DD in classes earlier, and DH wanted the monkey cleared by a doctor since hip displasia was genetic for him. I love watching the higher levels. Just watching girls do giants amazes me. Personally I can't even do cartwheels anymore lol. Crazy childhood stunts and to brothers led to many e.r. visits.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back