First Ever Gymnastics Lesson!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well my little sister Aaliyah is 4 and she had her first ever gym lesson/class on Saturday! I posted on Friday night but have been really busy since then so here's a little update!

Aali came home buzzing. I was training when she had her class so I could occassionally peek over at her and she was beaming every time I looked! She was very happy because her coach told her she was the most flexible girl in her class! She's naturally flexible but she's always copied me when I've done split stretches and japanas and things like that so it kind of figured she'd be good at it! She started learning some great skills!

On bars she started working on pullovers and front hip circles (both spotted quite a lot obviously!) and she also did some regular swings with regrips and also little halfturns along the pit bar.

They did some walking exercises on the beam (just things like dip walks and high kick walks and backward walks) She was very happy because she fell on one of her kicks and got a little bruise that she's been showing everyone!

On floor they did handstands and cartwheels. She was pretty good at those from what I saw! They also did bridges which she's never done before.

On vault they ran and squat jumped onto a mat. It took her a while to figure out the running then jumping bit...she kept tripping over her feet when she tried to jump onto the springboard!

She had a great time and keeps asking how many days it is till her next class! She's been showing everyone her cartwheels and has been doing handstands against the wall for hours! My mum keeps telling her that her head will explode if she stays upside down too long but she refuses to stop! I can see another little gymnast in the making!

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back