First L7 meet - could have gone worse

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Mack_the_Ripper

Well, it was sort of a practice meet and sort of not.
Vault - 8.65; I need to work more on the handspring for competition instead of tsuks and fulls
Bars - (3rd place) 8.35; very exciting since I messed up the high bar section; I did a really good cast on the low bar, though
Beam (3rd place) - 7.3ish; fell twice and really let the nerves get the better of me; I did connect my acro though; I medaled because there were only three girls competing beam in my age group
Floor - 8.55; pretty good routine although not a great front pass; much better than in level six when I busted my butt and couldn't get over 8.2

Overall, very encouraging. I need to get it into gear, especially on vault and beam, but it's the very beginning of the season and coach says we're ahead of where we were last year.

sounds like a good start to me. i think beam is always wonky first meet with the jitters full force. Sounds like you & your coach have a good plan for improvement.

Wonderful start to the season! I like how you have an idea of what to improve on :). Looking forward to hearing about next meet.

Congratulations! If it makes you feel any better, about 1/3 of our level 8s casted over in their bars routines. :) And I couldn't believe how many of the girls from all the gyms were having big wobbles on their full turns on beam at levels 8-10. This is a really terrific start, and the floor is particularly encouraging.

I love how you are really honest with yourself and took a good look at how things went and how you will improve. You have a very mature outlook. This should really help you in your future. Good luck and always have fun with it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back