first level four meet ever!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hi! i had my first meet ever today :) i competed level four!
floor - 8.2 ( will someone tell me where i went wrong besides on the backhandspring?!)
beam - 8.5 ( handstand :pP!!)
bars - 9.3 ( my millcircle..)
vault - 8.3
AA- 35.3 first place.
my goal was to get 36.0 but maybe next time! :p
YouTube - my first level 4 meet!

( idk how to embedded it sorry! )

Last edited:
Great job for your first meet! I'm not a judge so I don't know how big the deduction is but you paused for a really long time after your front limber kick over. Other than that and the back hand spring it just needs some tightening up but way to go! That is a really great AA score too!

A 36 at your first meet would be REALLY hard to get! You should be really proud of how you did. :D And I'm sure you'll improve!

Good work Sarah.

On floor, you wanted some feedback. I'm not from the USA but here are my offerings.... the long pause waiting for music (try and slow down the beginning), back leg was bent in split leap, and just general tightness/ form issues (press your knees more in leaps), get higher on your toe for your turns, and of course, the RO-BHS.

You did a nice job overall, and especially since it was your first competition. Very nice vaulting. Good luck in the rest of your season.

ahah. i know i paused for a loong time! i was going REALLY fast in the beginning...usually when that happens i just wait for the music! didnt realize i'd get deducted for being too fast! but thanks :)

Great job! Wow, a 35 at your 1st meet? I barely got a 33 my first level 4 meet. And you'll just keep getting better throughout the season! :)

That's a pretty great first meet.

On floor it's a pretty significant deduction to be so ahead of the music. Sloowwww doooooowwwwn. The elements were lovely; give the judges a chance to enjoy them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back