First time here

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

tricieworld

Proud Parent
Hello ladies - I have been a "lurker" off and on here for a few years and finally decided to join.
This is my first question for y'all. What is the difference between the formats at meets? My daughter will compete in her first Prep Opt meet next Friday and there is a Modified Traditional Format. What exactly does that mean?
Thanks in advance!

traditional format: you warm up all 4 events. you then start your competition on the last event that you warmed up on. so then, you start vault, then bars, then beam then floor. you begin your competition on floor.

modified traditional: you warm up on your first event. you then compete on that event immediately following your warm up. so then, start your warm up at vault then compete vault. warm up bars then compete bars. and so forth.

capitol cup: there must be 2 sets of equipment or "2 gyms" if you will. so then, in gym A you warm up vault. you then immediately go to gym B and compete vault. back and forth and so on.

:)

I have sat through 4 years of level 4--starting this weekend on sitting through my 5th year as a level 4 parent and always get confused--so thanks dunno! I don't think we will do level 4 again next year, but will be anxious to see the new routines, because when oldest dd competed it was the first year of the "new" routines!

Thanks so much. She has competed at 1 meet already like that and she did very well with that format. Which format do you prefer?

My favorite is Capitol cup because it seems to go much quicker and its even better if the awards aren't in the gym but in another room.

Modified is good as they warm up and compete.

I don't like the traditional because it feels like they warm up and by the time they get to the event they aren't ready.

My favorite is Capitol cup because it seems to go much quicker and its even better if the awards aren't in the gym but in another room.

Modified is good as they warm up and compete.

I don't like the traditional because it feels like they warm up and by the time they get to the event they aren't ready.

I completely agree. I can't wait until next Friday - She hasn't competed in about a year and this will be her 1st Prep opt meet. When I explained to her about how Modified works, she is thrilled. She thinks she will do better this way - we shall see!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back