Off Topic Floor music choices

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So I have to give my coach my top five options. I’m not sure what order to put these 5 in but I know that these are my top five.
this is not in my order just this is my list.

lip gloss and anaconda - https://www.salutemusic.com/products/anaconda-lip-gloss-mashup (pls do not judge me for this one, my friends just told me that it is a bit of a mature song, I didn’t know that when I was just listening on salute music website)

Fur Elise jam - https://www.salutemusic.com/products/fur-elise-jam?variant=42927646408925

underground - https://jumptwist.com/products/underground?_pos=3&_sid=50a73f61c&_ss=r

let it go remix - i edited this myself and I can’t figure out how to attach it so this cut for this routine is very Similar. The way I cut it, it is basically the Exact same after the first tumbling pass.

dead silence - https://jumptwist.com/products/dead-silence?variant=39611901116497

Also all of these have to be under a minute, so if you choose to listen to the songs, just make sure that you choose the minute version. Thank you

I would say, if you have a few days, put it all into a playlist and play it over and over. Whenever you feel like, ugh this song again? Put it at the bottom of the list. (Someone else recommended this to me on cb so credit to them)

If not, then I have some input
All of these are great music choices (and very original!) but I feel like #2 is the most unoriginal cuz I've heard that a few times on yt (i think its "river flows in you").
Personally, I also don't know if let it go has good enough beats for choreo but ofc that depends on your style and the choreographer.

I would say, if you have a few days, put it all into a playlist and play it over and over. Whenever you feel like, ugh this song again? Put it at the bottom of the list. (Someone else recommended this to me on cb so credit to them)

If not, then I have some input
All of these are great music choices (and very original!) but I feel like #2 is the most unoriginal cuz I've heard that a few times on yt (i think its "river flows in you").
Personally, I also don't know if let it go has good enough beats for choreo but ofc that depends on your style and the choreographer.
Thank you, and yes for let it go it is combined with a very fast moving classical piece and i do love me some graceful choreo to violin music.

Still deciding. rn my first choice is vampire by Olivia Rodrigo. My coaches normally don’t like pop because they th8nk it sounds robotic for floor music but I think vampire is fine because it’s so piano based.

I usually try to sneak as much video game music (and fan arrangements thereof from ocremix.org) into the floor music rotation as possible. The Mario Kart, Smash Bros, and Donkey Kong Country Returns soundtracks are a largely-untapped goldmine.

As for fan arrangements, my favorite artists are Zircon (electronic, orchestral), djpretzel (a bit of everything), ziwtra (electronic, except for "Of Sea and Fire" which is a lovely Irish folk piece), and Juan Medrano (rock).

(Also, if you're in the mood for some swingy folk or funk rock, you can give some of my own tracks a try)

Last edited:
I usually try to sneak as much video game music (and fan arrangements thereof from ocremix.org) into the floor music rotation as possible. The Mario Kart, Smash Bros, and Donkey Kong Country Returns soundtracks are a largely-untapped goldmine.

As for fan arrangements, my favorite artists are Zircon (electronic, orchestral), djpretzel (a bit of everything), ziwtra (electronic, except for "Of Sea and Fire" which is a lovely Irish folk piece), and Juan Medrano (rock).

(Also, if you're in the mood for some swingy folk or funk rock, you can give some of my own tracks a try)
I know nothing about video games but I have choreographed some great routines to music they recognize from games!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back