Floor Music Required?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Okay, this may sound like a strange question, but is there a requirement that optional gymnasts have to have a certain style of floor music? I look at lots and lots of videos of optional floor routines on youtube, and all the floor music is very hip-hop or serious sounding. I like classical or sort of sweet sounding music for my floor routine, last year I had "That's how you know" from enchanted, this year I have a mozart song. I also like some sort of hip hop songs that don't sound too serious, like freeze frame. I look all over youtube trying to find floor routines with the music that I like, but no one seems to have it. Everyone seems to be doing hip hop or very dancey music. Is there a requirement that they are supposed to have this kind of music?

No, my daughter is a level 7, and she has sort of swing music. It's called sing, sing, sing. Anyways, your song choice is completely up to you. You can choose whatever you want, as long as you get approval from your coaches. You can look up all types of floor music on different websites. It can be anything you want, it's not limited. :)

There is absolutely no rule stating what kind of music you use. Now, your coaches may have preferences and at many gyms music such as techno, heavy metal are no nos. I've heard everything from retro tv themes(Green Acres for example) to classic ballet. This year my gymmie is using music by Bond. Ask your coaches for some ideas for music. You can also check out the sites of the companies that sell pre-cut floor music to get ideas.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back