Forgetting my skills??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

emilee571

Hi I do rec gymnastics and since I decide to quit over the summer I'm scared I will for get all my skills! :( I practice everyday at home for an hour or 2 but I am scared I will lose my beam, vault, and bars skills!! Lessons for the summer are too pricey so what can I do? Thanks!

you sound like you are practicing conditioning etc at home. Doing "gymnastics" should be done with a professional coach on hand and not at home alone. At least that is my opinion. For Rec Class gymnasts many don't do classes in the summer. You don't really forget but it might take a few classes to get back to doing the skills the way you did at the begining of summer. Sort of like when you go back to school the first month or so is all review of the prior years skills. You will be just fine. Don't worry about it.

Thanks and I don't do gymnastics unsupervised without my parents close by and I have a mat I practice on so no worries ;)

Well, if I forget my skills i get privates done with my coaches on that skill to make it better. Like working on drills or just practicing on the tumble track, then going into the pit, then getting it on the floor. (if it was on the floor) Just keep working hard and believing that you can do it. My coach told me if you think negative then say the oppisite 3 times to yourself.. PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!!! :D

well, if you are stretching and conditioning then i see no reason why you should lose all your skills. when you first come back you might fin that you are a but rusty, like when i go back after a long break my kips suck :). but don't be frustrated, if you have the skill properly, you won't lose it!!!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back