WAG Front hip circle help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

simonefan123

Coach
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Reaction score
Hi. Tips on getting my fhs? Tips on the back hip circle and pullovers would also be helpful, it feels like i dont get enough momentum to get thrown back into it for the back hip circle and I just cant get my legs over for a pullover

On BHC you get a cast to help with momentum- FHC has no cast, so you need to get momentum elsewhere.
Typically one would do this by elevating their body, so, instead of the hips resting on the bar, it's their thighs resting on the bar. This way, when you fall forward there will be more weight on the front half of the bar causing you to fall/spin faster. The closer towards then knee caps you place the bar, the faster you'll spin - but it also gets tougher to wrap the bar, so you have to find a balance that works for you.

Then, you pike to wrap your hips around the bar once you've fallen long enough to generate some spin and voila.

here's a random example I found on youtube - you can see how the first thing she does it raise past her hips.

Do you want to do it tucked or straight (piked)? I think piked is generally considered correct form, but in some places tucked is accepted.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

The Magana Club

The Shaposhnikova Skills in the 2025-28 CoP

Back