"Fun Routines"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Mack_the_Ripper

Since the compulsory season has ended, the coaches thought they'd give us a little creative challenge to cheoreograph our own beam (maybe floor too) routines. Our requirements are: mount that is not the L5/L6 mount, 2 main skills, 2 different turns, 2 jumps or leaps, 1 skill down on the beam, and a dismount.

This is my routine (I competed L5 last year):
. chest-stand mount
. pike jump - scissone (sp?) - assisted leg scale (I do it right from the landing of the scissone)
. cartwheel
. full turn
. squat turn
. forward roll to swing up (like the L4 mount)
. standing front tuck dismount (I can't make it very often yet...I hurdle leftie into my front tuck but that puts the wrong foot in front for beam, so I'll have to figure that out or perfect the standing)

I can do a backwalkover, but I don't feel comfortable doing it in a routine yet.

fun routines

I luv fun routines, when I was a cumpolsury I loved doing them. My floor routine is really fun:
  • Butt spin
  • full twisting back layout
  • switchleap straddle jump
  • front-handspring front pike
  • back extension roll
  • full and a half turn
  • back layout
The fun part of my routine is the butt spin and my dance and floor music. I have music and dance that makes me seem like a robotic cheer-leader. I apsolutly love my floor routine.

My beam routine is also kinda fun:

• board mount (i jump into the beam on the side)
  • back-walkover back-handspring (more scary than fun)
  • full turn (same here)
  • switch leap, tuck jump, split jump
  • front tuck dismount
I just competed earlier today at a 2 event meet so I jsut got to compete these 2 events it was awesome!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back