Parents Fundraising ideas

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ours is different, since not every parent can commit. Our booster club is completely separate from the team,and you have to join intentionally. We do Bingo every Friday and Saturday night, with each person working every 6 weeks. we run 3 session (1 Friday 2 saturday) every weekend. I like it because you don't have to do it. Since we are a separate club, people only join and participate if they want!
How do you do Bingo during meet season? It seems like it would require parents missing the meets?

One of the best quick fundraising ideas that we've participated in was a lottery. The gymnasts pre sold as many raffle tickets as they could for $20 each. Each raffle ticket had a three digit number on it and the winning number was based on the Pick Three Mid-Day Lottery drawing in our state. If your raffle ticket had the winning number on it for that day, you won $50. This fundraiser ran for one month.

I second the raffle idea! You could sell raffle tickets for $10 (or so), and raffle off anything from new leotards to dinner vouchers. usually everyone buys a couple.

How do you do Bingo during meet season? It seems like it would require parents missing the meets?

Well, since we only work 1 weekend every 6 weeks, it isn't too bad. We have 6 different teams that rotate. If you have a meet, you just try to find someone to trade with you!

I am attending a fundraising meeting soon for my oldest dd's disability group. I have come up with some ideas :

Sponsored Bounce.
Asking the coaching Staff to do a mock meet/ display for the children and their parents to pay to watch.
Sponsored play/agility course in the gym.
Christmas Party in the Gym.

How do these sound?

All of the ones involving the gym are going to require some staffing from the gym and expense of the gym owner (to have the gym open, lights on, etc). Except for meets we host, our coaches don't participate in fundraisers. Parents can't run things that involve the gym equipment due to liability issues.

I don't know for sure, but I get the feeling that other than our head coach or the 2nd in command, our coaches are terribly underpaid. I couldn't imagine asking them to give up a day to run something like this when they already give so much to our girls. If your child is in a disabled group, that might be different.

That said, your gym might be different and totally open to the ideas. Bringing ideas to the table is where it all begins! Good luck!

The gym have held parties before, the have had a Christmas one last year and also a Halloween one last year to raise funds.

The mock meet / display idea for the coaches would probably be hard to sort out but I know a few of the male coaches do like to "Show off" during gym hours so I was thinking maybe doing something along the lines of more a comedy gym act that we could pay to see, watching them so tricks and stuff. I think it would be good for the kids to see what their coaches "can do" lol. I have no idea about the liability side of things but I will mention it.

Wow! We don't make anywhere NEAR $30K for the meets that we host!!! We are hosting our first boys' meet this year and I'm hoping it makes more than the girls' meets. With the girls, there are SO many options in our area that I don't think any of them make tons of money. At least for the boys, you usually end up with nearly all of the gyms at the meets because there aren't conflicting meets (for girls there might be 3 or 4 different meets on the same weekend! For boys there is never more than 1 in the area.)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back