WAG Gasparilla meet question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgal

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
For those who have been to this meet in the past, is there a drop off place for spectators that is close to the entrance? The meet info says to allow 20 min to walk from the lots to the competition area so I am thinking the walk is a bit long from the lots?

We went a few years ago. I feel like my DH dropped us off somewhat close to the gates and he went and parked. I don't feel like it took 20 minutes for him to park and walk inside. It was nothing as busy/long (and don't forget COLD) as Chicago Style.

I remember it being a long walk once indoors. It's a very large stadium, but wasn't very full, at least for our session. I think it was a long walk through a building to get to the competition area. I don't remember an issue with the distance from the parking lot to the door.

You can drop off closer, but like mls said, there is walking once inside as well. I didn't find it a super long walk from the parking lot. The walk is longer at Disney. They do check all bags and only athletes are allowed to even bring in water.

Thanks everyone. One of our family members had a 2nd knee replacement and still having some issues. I am trying to gain info on how difficult the maneuvering will be. I think she will be ok if we can drop her off at the entrance.

Thanks everyone. One of our family members had a 2nd knee replacement and still having some issues. I am trying to gain info on how difficult the maneuvering will be. I think she will be ok if we can drop her off at the entrance.

It’s a little difficult inside, first you pay admission and get bags checked then you walk through a hallway where the food consession are then you go into the field where the competitions are held, the awards are on the field too, so it’s a little crowded in between sessions. You go through the field to go up to the seats.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back