WAG gifts at meets vs other sports

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgal

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
I just have to say, we put our daughter in the wrong sport! My son had a golf tournament this weekend and was given a weekend-er duffle bag, a new pair of golf shoes that aren't even available in the stores yet, and about $30 worth of other things. About $300 total worth. Registration fee was $200, which included those items and 2 rounds of tournament golf. Now, this gift bag was certainly more extravagant than most but the gift bags at other tournaments usually are worth at least $50 with a $100 registration fee and 2 round of golf (sometimes a free practice round to).

The only time I have ever seen something close to this in gymnastics is for nationals, which is limited to a small number of girls one time per year.

Having said that, we endured freezing cold weather and winds yesterday and today for 6+ hours each day. And I find golf like watching paint dry so it was a very long 6 hours. :-/

I don't really get the gifts thing.
Surely after a couple of years in the sport you would just be getting duplicate stuff you don't want or need?
I'd rather pay less and buy my kid the leotard they actually like than keep being given ones.

I guess it depends on the person. My dd likes to get the leos from meets usually, T-shirts too. But most of the meets we go to give nothing or minimal like a water bottle. Certainly never anything worth $50+

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back