Grip sizing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I may be starting to do bars again and may want some grips. My coach doesn't care what we get and she only stocks them or orders them for the little girls. I'm kinda on my own figuring it out. My base of palm to top of middle finger measures right about 6.5 inches. All the grips I have been looking at one size is 6-6.5 inches and the next is like 6.5-7 1/4. If you are right at the line should you go bigger or smaller? I am no longer growing so that isn't an issue. Also one other question I am wanting a thinner softer grip if that makes any sence, I won't be doing a lot of bars or hard core stuff so I don't want them to take 10 years to break in, any suggestions? Thanks!

I'm not sure about the sizing thing, I personally would probably go up the size if you're right at that point(so I would go size 2). On the easy break in grips, if you like the wider style, I got the tensports from 10.0 and they feel as if they had been used for months

Send a msg and inquire from the grip manufacturer directly about sizing. My dd was on the cusp of 2 sizes and she was recommended to get the smaller size. These were hot shot grips by US Glove.

HTH:)

I would just get the smaller size, because grips stretch out after you break them in. At least... mine did...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back