Gymnastics mom's

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I noticed there were a lot gymnastics mom's on this board. I am not a mom but was wondering what does dd mean? dear daughter? dedicated daughter? somebody fill me in :p Were you a gymnast when you were younger and how did your child get into gymnastics?

Hi littlegirllost...I'm new to these gymnastics forums and was wondering the same thing myself ever since I joined one week ago. I believe dd means dear daughter and ds means dear son. If you see dd7 then it means dear daughter is 7 years old.

If my definitions are not valid then I wish to be corrected and apologize for the confusion.

I've been told it means either darling daughter or dear daughter.

I never did gymnastics, but was a dancer growing up. My daughter started asking for gymnastics classes when she was 2. When she was 5 we finally signed her up & now she is addicted. :)

I noticed there were a lot gymnastics mom's on this board. I am not a mom but was wondering what does dd mean? dear daughter? dedicated daughter? somebody fill me in :p Were you a gymnast when you were younger and how did your child get into gymnastics?​

well the second D does mean daughter the first D could mean Dear, Darling, or any other term of endearment that starts with D

DS is the term for son.

For me, DD means darling daughter.

My DD started gymnastics after going to a gym on a kindergarten field trip. The owner of a local gym also had children attending the school, so all kids in K-1 went to the gym once a year for a field trip. She started going regularly the following summer. That was in 2002, and she has been going ever since.

MamaofEnS

DD-darling daughter
DDs darling daughters

Em took when the gym came to preschool. We stopped for her to take dance and play soccer. By kindergarten, we were actually at the gym with her taking lessons. My other daugher has grown up in the gym since big sis was taking lesson. At 2, we placed her in the preschool class. Now, both are on the team. :) They keep me busy!

I use DD for Darling Daughter

My daughter started gymnastics at 3 when we first started hearing about Shawn Johnson but she wasn't big big yet if you know what i mean. And then of course after Shawn did the Olympics the gym was crazy.

My DD started at WOGA in their rec classes. We used to watch Carly Patterson and Nastia Luikin work out way before they were in the Olympics. They were amazing to watch and so focused. My DD was 4 at the time and I think seeing them really inspired her.

Carly and Nastia gave out the medals at their very first level 4 meet. The girls were so thrilled. They were very sweet and gracious to the little gymmies and autographed everything the girls brought to them.

I was a gymnast when I was younger, so last year when my then 5yo DD who had taken dance for 2 years told me she wanted to be a gymnast, it was bittersweet.

I was excited for her to learn to love the sport I love, but I know the level of commitment required of mind, body, soul, pocket book, and time that it takes if one continues to pursue the sport. I told myself as long as she was having fun and remaining healthy she could do anything she wanted. She began rec classes last June and was assessed last month and qualified for level 4. The ride has just begun!

My first job ever was teaching the 2.5-5 year old rec classes when I was a teenager, and then assistant coaching the Class 4 and 5 teams (this was in the late 80's- when all gymnasts had to do compulsory routines.) I try to keep my nose out of how she is being coached- they are a very competent "skills & drills" group of coaches, but I do offer her many at home conditioning options.

I think my parents put me in gymnastics for a few months as a child, but it was obvious very quickly that I had zero athletic ability, flexibility or coordination! LOL. My daughter was doing somersaults before she was even walking, and just seemed like a natural. We started her in gymnastics when she was 4 and she loves it!

My dd was invited to a birthday party at the localpreschool gym when she was 3yo. They had a little obstacle course set up and guided the kids through it. While dd was walking down the beam, the party coach got distracted so at the end of the beam, dd smiled and did a front tuck off the end. That was my signal to sign her up.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back