Parents Gyms in South Korea

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnewbie

Proud Parent
We are moving to South Korea- my daughter is a Level 6 and will be moving to Level 7 after states. Her gym uptrains so a lot of the skills the do for Level 6 are Level 7 skills at other gyms.

She is heavily invested in gymnastics and I have had no luck in finding anything on artistic gymnastics in South Korea, most is rhythmic gymnastics.

Does anyone know how the gymnastics community works there? Are there individual clubs/gyms/schools?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

I just googled and found gymnastics.or.kr, but you probably already looked there. You can get through it with Google translate, but it's tedious. I have some ideas of other places to look: Have you tried contacting the international school near where you will be living, or the PTO at the international school? They usually have a list of local businesses and activities as well as some local contacts. Also, have you asked someone in the local spouses association and joined their facebook page? Have you joined the facebook pages for expats in South Korea and asked? Expats are usually pretty helpful, and if they don't know they might get you off to a good start. Good luck!

I just googled and found gymnastics.or.kr, but you probably already looked there. You can get through it with Google translate, but it's tedious. I have some ideas of other places to look: Have you tried contacting the international school near where you will be living, or the PTO at the international school? They usually have a list of local businesses and activities as well as some local contacts. Also, have you asked someone in the local spouses association and joined their facebook page? Have you joined the facebook pages for expats in South Korea and asked? Expats are usually pretty helpful, and if they don't know they might get you off to a good start. Good luck!

Thanks so much I have tried some of those FB pages, but contacting expats and the schools are a great idea. Thank you!

I had order to South Korea and tried contacting their Federation without luck. I learned that the primary gyms are near the capital Seoul, Yongsan and I think I learn about one near Soyosan. After so frustration my wife and I decided for me to go by myself for a yr or so. I got lucky and the orders got cancel. Good luck! Korea is awesome but you don't want to lose the invested time.

"Strive for perfection, Achieve excellence"

I had order to South Korea and tried contacting their Federation without luck. I learned that the primary gyms are near the capital Seoul, Yongsan and I think I learn about one near Soyosan. After so frustration my wife and I decided for me to go by myself for a yr or so. I got lucky and the orders got cancel. Good luck! Korea is awesome but you don't want to lose the invested time.

Thanks, how long ago did you do your research?

Early 2014. I also learned that the base in Yokuska, Japan has gymnastic training. I really hope you find a place and let us know.

Thanks! I will keep you posted! Kadena AB in Okinawa used to have it, too! There is younger gymnastics training up to level 3 or 4 in the way of classes at Camp Humphreys, but I am still looking for optionals level training!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back