WAG Hamstring Injuries

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

V

Vivianflips

Has anyone dealt with hamstring injuries before? I pulled my hamstring last week at practice :( , I'd been stretching my splits more and have been growing which is what caused it.

I pulled my hamstring many years back and it was horrible! Could barely walk around much less think about gymnastics practice. My best advice for you is ibuprofen, ice, heating pad, and rest. You should feel much better after about a week of rest. It just takes time to heal. Slightly annoying but you'll be fine. Make sure you get a good warm up jog or jump rope next time, especially if you're going to be doing intense stretching.

I pulled my hamstring many years back and it was horrible! Could barely walk around much less think about gymnastics practice. My best advice for you is ibuprofen, ice, heating pad, and rest. You should feel much better after about a week of rest. It just takes time to heal. Slightly annoying but you'll be fine. Make sure you get a good warm up jog or jump rope next time, especially if you're going to be doing intense stretching.
Thank you for the advice!

My daughter has been dealing with a pulled hamstring for a month or more now. Let it heal!

One of DD's teammates went through this a few years ago. It takes time, and you have to take the time.

Took my daughter MONTHS to recover from hers , even with PT ...and she still has some residual issues 4 years later....

Thank you all for the advice! I will taking be some time off of everything accept bar.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back