WAG Hand scrape

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Orangesoda

Proud Parent
Gym's in an hour. Is there anything I can do for this? Would a bandaid just be a distraction? She fell on the playground.
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1415216703.255478.jpg

a bandaid would come off that. If it is bothering her, they can make tape grips for her at gym.

Ouch. When my kids get a cut or scrape on their hands, I show the coach so they can tape it. A bandaid would just come off.

Thanks you guys. I showed it to her coach and looked helpless and coach took care of it. Dd was so proud of her wrapped hand.

You need to get athletic tape and wrap it around when this happens :) it's probably for sale at your gym. Most gyms don't provide it free. Also, I've found Nexcare waterproof bandages ( they are clear) seal very well. You pull them up with a tab so you don't touch the adhesive and then you peel the tab things off the front. Make sure the skin is clean and dry and it'll stay well if you seal the edges down.

I'm not being mean and I can't be sure,,, but it looks very much like a small standard rip, (depth size). In which case, yes we workout with them.
Ha. I was being serious! Like "seriously" serious even! Kids gotta toughen up these days:)

I've never done gymnastics and have no concept of what kind of pain is induced by that type of sore...like on bars or whatever. For all I know, coaches be like "why would a sensible mother send a child with a sore like that on her hand into my class!"

I feel myself getting SO wise though. Haha. I'm like a learning computer.

Ha. I was being serious! Like "seriously" serious even! Kids gotta toughen up these days:)

I've never done gymnastics and have no concept of what kind of pain is induced by that type of sore...like on bars or whatever. For all I know, coaches be like "why would a sensible mother send a child with a sore like that on her hand into my class!"

I feel myself getting SO wise though. Haha. I'm like a learning computer.
=
OH! Sorry! my bad! :)

I'm not being mean and I can't be sure,,, but it looks very much like a small standard rip, (depth size). In which case, yes we workout with them.

That said, you have to be careful. I once got a blood infection through an open blister (oddly, it looked even less like a scrape then that, but it must have had a small crack somewhere). I couldn't keep anything on it so I just left it uncovered. I went to bed fine and woke up in the early am unable to walk wondering how I could have broken my foot in the night. It comes on quite suddenly. On closer inspection I noticed red streaks running up my leg which was the infection spreading through my blood stream. The doctor said it would have reached my lymph nodes shortly. I can understand how people end up with life threatening blood infections now because if it had been in my arms or something, I probably could have ignored it longer. Since the entry point was my foot, I couldn't walk and thus felt a more immediate need to seek medical care.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back