Parents Have you ever wondered

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have wondered and I don't really mind much if anyone figures it out - I try not to post too many details online, but that's mainly to keep it simple. I would be shocked if nobody from our gym was here - it's pretty big (from what I understand, which isn't much).

It has already happened, and I barely post much at all. Didn't bother me though, I suppose it's only an issue if you are complaining/badmouthing a gym or parent.

We had an incident a while back, he said/she said, it would have been just that and washed over except "she" had partially screen printed private FB conversations that supported her position.

I have very little doubt that there was fault on both sides but just be aware that nothing on the internet is private.

Really?! What in the world was posted that resulted in that?

Someone posted their worries about their current gym and that they were thinking of switching.

Next practice they were asked to leave. I think the child was 5 or 6 at the time.

It wouldn't bother me if anyone saw me here. I would want them to say something though, because it would be fun to chat about it IRL! I am the same person here as I am IRL and don't post anything here I wouldn't stand up for if asked about it in person. I don't bad mouth DDs gym, coaches or teammates.

I think if I have issues that I ask about here ipthat I was hesitant to bring up in person, it would be a relief in some way to be "outed" and confronted because then the discussion would HAVE to be had even if uncomfortable...

I like the idea of anonymity, but I think it's basically impossible. So (obviously) I don't try too hard! Like @Iwannabemargo said, nothing on line is truly private. But especially now that we're at a bigger gym, I do wonder....

I am in an odd situation and I am sure I am that no one would know who I am. I have however revealed my "true self" to Bogwoppit and we are Facebook friends. It helps to have another way to communicate when the site is down and I would not hesitate to meet up with her in real life.

I am in an odd situation and I am sure I am that no one would know who I am. I have however revealed my "true self" to Bogwoppit and we are Facebook friends. It helps to have another way to communicate when the site is down and I would not hesitate to meet up with her in real life.
So excited to potentially meet Bog and others at the Olympic trials!!! I hope we organize some sort of meet up like a bunch of them did in Scotland! Now if I can just find flights for a reasonable price...arrrrrr

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back