Having a hard time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All the other girls at my gym are either skinner or musler than me i am not as strong as i want to be. As i had 6 months off due to back problems
does anyone have any simple strength stomach exercises for me

Also what should i be eating as a gymnast. could you please tell me a simple diet for a gymnast who trains more than 15 hours a week.

Thanks i really appreciate it as i am having a hard time at gym at the moment:)

hope this may help...just a simple rule of thumb, we were told...light carbs for energy before your workout...if you are there long hours and are eating during, the food should have a high water content...(think celery, fruits...etc) and lean proteins just after your workout.

Good luck to you! Just keep training and have confidence in yourself! You will get to where you want to be!

Don't worry about other girls being skinnier! People come in different shapes and sizes. There is one ab strengthner that I don't think will hurt your back. Go in front support. Tuck your toes, and make sure your hands are right under your shoulders, Now hold that for a while. Not sure how it works, but my dad showed it to me and your ans feel like a rock after you have been doing them for awhile. :)

Don't worry about your body. Worry about your strength. Body type doesn't matter as much as what you DO with it. If you've had 6 months off, don't be too hard on yourself - time off generally results in reduction in strength and starting to look like a normal person instead of a gymnast. If you work out hard in the gym, you should be back to normal pretty quickly - do your gym strength workouts at home, but don't just focus on stomach. Any kind of strength is good for you. Do lots of handstands when you're bored, and V-ups, leg lifts and pull-ups (if there's a bar or a playground nearby), and anything else you do for conditioning in the gym that you can do at home.

Honestly no one even looks at how thin you are, don't worry i am sure you're beautiful in every single way (sorry had to quote Christina Aguilera) just do extra strength like v-snaps, push ups, crunches etc

babe your a gymnast. dont diet, just eat high carbohydrate foods like pasta so you have heaps of energy. if you diet and worry about your weight you will become like anorexic!! this is 2010 people do judge you on your looks i know its sad but true. just try your hardest and push yourself in all your strength stuff try using spaceboots they work your abs heaps.

All the other girls at my gym are either skinner or musler than me i am not as strong as i want to be. As i had 6 months off due to back problems
does anyone have any simple strength stomach exercises for me

Also what should i be eating as a gymnast. could you please tell me a simple diet for a gymnast who trains more than 15 hours a week.

Thanks i really appreciate it as i am having a hard time at gym at the moment:)

First hope your feeling better now.

Next STOP comparing yourself to others. Everyone has something they wish were different and everyone is in a different place with their body and their gymnastics. Your exactly where you need to be for the gymnastics you do.

The only diet you need is to Eat healthy do your conditioning and don't try to rush things or you will find yourself hurt again. Back issues take time to heal.

Be patient and give it time. Stop the comparisons and just set reasonable goals for yourself and your current body, strengths and abilities.

You sound just like me! I do LOTS of conditioning (I got a bar to use for pull-ups and leg lifts) and stretching at home; trust me, it makes it SO much easier! And about the diet, make sure you have enough protein/carbs before practice! For me personally, I always do better when I have noodles before practice. If you are around my age/height (5'4", 15), make sure you are getting at least 50 grams of protein. (If you're younger/shorter, it might be a bit less) Also eat lots of spinach :) It's yummy and it helps build muscles. Any fruits and veggies are good, especially greens. That's about it. Try not to have foods that are too fatty because they will not help with muscles and they will make you feel gross (I've been controlling my fat intake for over a year now; when I tried regular fat cheese and I couldn't even digest it anymore!) That's about it! Good luck! We have all been through these phases before (Well, I know I have)! As long as you work hard, you will feel great in no time!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back