Parents Help puncture wound in his foot!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

momto2js

Proud Parent
Boys will be boys, I guess. My DS jumped out of a tree right on to a drywall nail at the park, it went through his shoe and into his foot about 1/4 of a inch. It hurts. There really isn't any reason he can't walk on it but I am toying with crutches for tomorrow at school because the pressure of shoes makes it hurt worse. I have contacted his coach and I think we are going with a few days of no tumbling and no landings. Maybe lots of handstands, and swings.

Do I insist on tape to make sure it stays clean? Do I make him walk on it? Any ideas how to handle a puncture wound in the gym?

Get him to the doc ASAP... I would be extremely worried about infection and even more worried if his tetanus shots aren't up to date. The doctor will be able to clean it and show you how to properly dress it to prevent infection. It will absolutely have to stay covered up while it heals I would think.

See the doctor-a similar thing happened to a friend's son and he wound up in the hospital for 3+ days for IV antibiotics because puncture wounds can get infected really easily and you don't notice until it's pretty bad.

just a note, hubbie got a thorn in his finger and ended up at minor injuries (Emergency room) having his wedding ring cut off and AB's, you can get some nasty infections from stuff outside.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back