WAG help!!! what should i do

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
my biggest dream has always been to become part of a college gymnastics team. lately i have been thinking this might not be possible. i am a senior in high school and competed eight my junior year. i have been working some nine skills but i am behind on a couple events to be able to compete nine this year. the only tuely level nine skills i have is a shoot half on bars double back off the bar and floor into the pit with mats, a buck tuck on beam and i am close to a layout tsuk. but i have a feeling these are not good enough for division 1 teams. i am not even quite sure if they would be okay at a division 3 team. cost for college is a big factor too. some people say that division 3 teams take level eights but that they are quite exspensive. i have really good grades and got decient scores on my sat and act. the dream school that i want to go to is stanford but getting in is hard and i do not think my gymnastics is good enough either. any advise on colleges that i should look into or what i should do? any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

I really can't offer you much advice, but I do know colleges have club teams for gymnastics. A local university has one and it is relatively cheap, around $100 a year and they do compete. I know that is not what you want, but it is an option. Good Luck! I know there is many on here that can help.

Get your videos out to some D3 colleges and see what they say. My wife did D3 and loved it. We meet up with her college teammates from time to time...always a blast. Being a college athlete is a great thing.

Well, I would first get a video or youtube channel together for all of your best moves on each event as well as scores or placements with an intro (with your hair down) about all your other intrests and who you are academically, socially, etc. Get a bio on collegegymfans.com, then personally contact all the gyms you want to attend with a reason you want to attend their university. Club gyms are great and alot of schools have them. Check out USAIGC for a list of clubs. Anyway, this is what my dd's gym does for all juniors and seniors.

Yep, bare in mind you should look into financial aid calculators and see if you qualify for anything. You will need you parent's fiscals or guardians or whoever takes care of you that you live with.

You can still have a lot of fun in NAIGC collegiate club. Their Nationals is pretty advanced seeing as a lot of them are kids who couldn't get a scholarship or didn't want to compete in college because of the commitment.

Yep, bare in mind you should look into financial aid calculators and see if you qualify for anything. You will need you parent's fiscals or guardians or whoever takes care of you that you live with.

You can still have a lot of fun in NAIGC collegiate club. Their Nationals is pretty advanced seeing as a lot of them are kids who couldn't get a scholarship or didn't want to compete in college because of the commitment.

Where can I find a list of NAIGC college clubs? I think I've seen Division 1 and 3 schools on the USAG website but not sure about NAIGC?? Thanks!

I don't know much about college gymnastics, but I know that if it is your dream you should chase it. Whether it's D1 or D2 or D3 or club, you should do everything you can to make it come true. It takes just one person to believe in you and your passion to make your dream a reality. I coach volleyball and I will take a passionate hard worker over a hoh-hum talent any day. There has to be a college coach out there that feels the same way.

Even if it doesn't work out, I've never heard someone say that they regretted chasing their dream. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back