WAG Help with back tuck form

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
Hi I’m was wanting pointers on my back tuck Ive done a few with my coach in practice but was wanting to try at home by myself I’m just not sure how I can fix it so if you have any drills or tell me what I can do to make it better I would appreciate it. ( btw I can do a decent standing backhand spring and a round off backhand spring to)

Attachments

• IMG_2831.mov
    4.9 MB
  • IMG_2831.mov
    3.6 MB
I'm still working on my standing tuck, but from what I can see, you're setting with your head back and your arms never get to your ears during the set. After that, you need to close in a tuck shape, which you're only doing at the very end of your tuck (you're in an open shape through most of it which slows your rotation). Practice doing more straight jumps with your arms by your ears for the set and maybe some core exercises to get to the tuck shape quicker!

You seem to be entering a back tuck like a back handspring, versus setting up. Focusing on setting up before throwing your head back then pull into a tighter tuck using your hands to help your legs rotate faster. To work on your set some jump up to candlesticks on a mat stack (or couch with some pillows!) work great. For rotation focusing on backward rolls in a tight tuck shape and rolling by using your hips is key! Good luck I hope you make some progress.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back