Hi, and new here. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

PureTalent

Proud Parent
Hello,

I'm so glad I found this forum!! I'm Frances and I have an extremely talented DD, who is 9 yrs. old. She will be competing level 6/7 this year (first meet in 1 1/2 wks). She is a two-time state champion winning 1st at States for Level 4 in 2010 (age 7), and 1st at states for Level 5 in 2011 (age 8). We're so proud of her. We just got the results a little while ago as to how she did for her National TOPS testing, and she made TOPS A camp. We're thrilled!!!! Last year she made B Camp, and her goal was to make A Camp and she did!!!!! She amazes us every day.

She has been doing gymnastics for almost 8 yrs. now. She has an imeasurable amount of determination and focus for her age. She has amazing coaches which are awesome, and I feel she wouldn't be the gymast she is today if it weren't for them. Yes, she does also have a natural talent as well but it's those coaches who has helped immensely.

Glad to be here. :)

Welcome. congrats about the a camp. That is wonderful. Hope you find lots of answers here to anything you need.

hi & welcome to CB. congratulations to your little one on naking Tops A team. there are a lot of wonderful parents, coaches & gymnasts here hope you like it.

Hi & welcome! Congrats to your daughter making the TOPS teams, she must be very excited! My DD (10) is 6/7 too but "sidelined" right now (missed the 1st meet of the season) because of a crack in her growthplate in her knee. I've been here for years, you will find lots of parents & coaches with great advice, When I first found the CB I spent hours reading everything, LOL

Hello & welcome to CB! Glad you found us! It is a wonderful site with lots of friends who "get it", lots of great knowledge & support to be found here. Congrats to your DD! I'm sure you are beyond proud! Wishing her a successful season & a great time at the ranch!

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome. Yes, I'm lovin this board so far. Still learning my way around, etc. but I really think I'm gonna like it. I LOVE talking about gymnastics. hehe

so then, you started your child when she was 1 years old? and welcome.:)

Originally Posted by dunno so then, you started your child when she was 1 years old? and welcome.:)

No, she was almost 2. :)

How can that answer be NO? If she's wasn't 2 yet...........Then she was 1yr old, like Dunno said. OR maybe I need to go back to class, math sure has changed since I was in school, lol

Most of the mommy and me classes can start as soon as they are walking around our city. If you call that gymnastics... usually its more like organized chaos! Its pretty darn cute seeing babies in diapers and leotards learning to jump and wait in line!

Originally Posted by dunno so then, you started your child when she was 1 years old? and welcome.:)

How can that answer be NO? If she's wasn't 2 yet...........Then she was 1yr old, like Dunno said. OR maybe I need to go back to class, math sure has changed since I was in school, lol

thank you flippin out.:)

Most of the mommy and me classes can start as soon as they are walking around our city. If you call that gymnastics... usually its more like organized chaos! Its pretty darn cute seeing babies in diapers and leotards learning to jump and wait in line!

Lol cute visual but if you count that as gymnastics then my almost 15 year old has been "in gymnastics" for over 14 years! Lol!

But seriously, to the OP welcome to Chalkbucket! Looking forward to hearing more about your dd's season!

But seriously, to the OP welcome to Chalkbucket! Looking forward to hearing more about your dd's season!

Shame on me! I had forgot to welcome you to the CB :eek:! Welcome to the ChalkBucket :). This place is a great source of information and at times differing opinions.....but that's what makes this place great ;)

Oh I remember the cute little mommy and me classes w/my dd too!!! I have never "counted" that as time being in gymnastics tho! More of a "mental play group" for me!!! But yes, welcome to the CB!

It was only a month before she turned 2. so to me, she was "almost 2". Saying 1 yrs. old to me is the lesser side of 1. Saying she was 2 or "almost 2", to me, she was on the higher side of 1. If my bday is next mo. I tell people I'm almost 39. Same thing here...she was almost 2 bcause her bday was the following month. I wouldn't say she was almost 2 though if she was just turning 1 or even 1 1/2.

Ok so since I'm being harped on by many (LOL), in my eyes she has been in gymnastics this whole time since she was "ALMOST 2". But for those who want to wipe away the mommy and me classes and I understand that, she's been doing it since she was 3. :) So ALMOST 7 yrs. not counting the mommy and me visuals. lol ;) Her elite gym starts the talented kids out very early and was on preteam at the age of 4. So since mommy and me classes end at the age of 3, I will say she's been doing it since she was 3...so for ALMOST 7 years ;) , is that better? :D hehe

She had her first level 6 meet the other day. I have it in the meet reports. :) For those who were curious about hearing about her season!

Lol cute visual but if you count that as gymnastics then my almost 15 year old has been "in gymnastics" for over 14 years! Lol!

Thank you!!! :)

LOL OK, so since real gymnastics starts after mommy and me classes, then you can probably say your DD has been doing it for over 12 yrs. ;) hehe Wow, that's a long time! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back