Hi - Newbie here

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ivyagogo

Coach
Hey everyone. After a 20 year absence in gymnastics, I found a gym really close by that had an adult class. After convincing my husband that I wouldn't get hurt (not much anyway), I started taking classes this past August. After a few classes, they asked if I was interested in coaching too. It started off a brand new chapter in my life.

I have become a total gym rat again! I coach several days a week and spend several more tumbling. Bars are hard for me because I have a shoulder issue that doesn't want to go away. Every other joint in my body hurts too, but those come and go.

What's really fun for me is that in addition to getting my skills back (I just did a side aerial this past week), I am learning things I never did before thanks to the tumbl trak!

The two goals I have had since starting at the gym was a handstand on the bars and a layout full twist. I have found that I can't do the handstand on the bars because it hurts my shoulder too much. The twist is simply eluding me. I have spend the better part of 5 months trying. I have come really close, but I don't have very good air awareness. One of our college kids just came back and he gave me a tip to really try and spot things around the gym while I'm twisting. This was Thursday night and I think it is going to really help me. I'm all for any advice!

I'm so happy to have found this site. I look forward to sharing with you all.

Ivy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back