WAG Vent

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnast-E

Coach
Gymnast
so today was probably the worst practice of my life. it started off good, me on bars doing kip handstands for the first time. after we went on vault and they were really bad because we were using a different beat board and i wasnt used to it. but after we went to floor and i twisted my ankle it was a really bad twist so I went to beam. my coach made me do bh and i fell off a back handspring at 125 my coach was like its not that big of a deal and i never said that. THEN i was doing back walkover back handspring and she said the same thing BUT I DIDNT MAKE A BIG DEAL OF IT I WAS LYING ON THE GROUND BEING LIKE WTH HAPPEND and i finnished the practice ending with finding out i cant come to the mock meet and train on wendesdays any more :(

Okay so,

First of all: how is your ankle?

Second, that's no way for a coach to treat you. Even if you did make a big deal out of it, then getting angry at you isn't the solution. They're supposed to help you overcome your fears, not just get angry at you for having emotions.
It sais that you're a coach but to be honest you come across as quite young in how you type. I'm bringing this up because if you're younger I think it can be extra hard to stand up to authority or recognise that this isn't how you should be spoken to.

Does your coach treat you like this more often? Do you talk to your parents about this? Your feelings are important, and it comes across as if you're feeling judged at the very moment when you're needing extra support. If that's the case and if it happens more often, maybe talk to somebody about it. Perhaps your coaches think they're helping and a simple chat with them could make your gym experience so much better. Perhaps this was a one-off and your coach was having a bad day. No matter the reason, this shouldn't be / become a common occurrence.

As for the mock meet, I have no idea what's normal with what you do or don't pay for, so I can't comment much on that. Why is it you don't pay for wednesdays? Is that an optional training day? Personally I'd expect them to hold the mock meet accessable to the whole team, but I don't know what's normal with that sort of stuff.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back