Anon Highschool gymnastics requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
A

Anonymous (09b6)

I have a mental block on backwards skills such as back handspring and back tuck. Do you need to have a backwards pass for high school gymnastics to compete?
Thanks in advance!!!

In my state (ohio), you have to have perform a salto/aerial in each direction on floor, but it is only a 0.1 deduction. It is the same on beam, except they dont have to be saltos (and it can only be a 0.05 deduction if the direction of the dismount is a different direction than the acro skills).

So if I did front handspring step out round-off back extension roll would that count as a back pass?

This will vary state to state and even school by school. In my state there are some schools where you would t even qualify for the school team. Other schools in my state accept everyone. A good starting point is consulting the rules for you state.

I have been trying to find the requirements for my state (Illinois) but they don't really have a set requirement PDF.

I don’t have time right now to post a 🔗 but I found the rules pretty quickly on the Illinois State High School sports site.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back