Parents Hmm, the year of the early morning meet?

• Thread starter Thread starter cathiann
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
C

cathiann

Got the schedule for Beth's first meet--yes, she's first thing that Saturday morning--just like for Chicago! She's happy with it (likes to do it right away so she doesn't worry all day), but sheesh! THe good thing about it is that I work the night before, so I'll meet them there, watch the meet, then go home and sleep. If it was mid-day, I'd miss it (of course Sami has a HS meet right after--which I WILL miss--darn it!).

In an update--practices have been going better for her, so she's not as stressed. I bought some aromatherapy body wash from Bath & Body Works--the Stress formula and it's convinced her brain that it works, so all it good! I'm sure as it gets closer to the intrasquad (12/31), she'll stress more though. Once we get the first meet over with, she'll relax!

Our intersqud really helped with stress level and they have been working hard since.

My Dd had a terrible meet score wise at the intersuqad but she is working like a champ now. The only questioanable event is vault will she tsuk first meet or handspring? I do not care about it as long as she is happy with herself.

Our first meet is the Spirit Holiday Invite not a typical medal type meet so it is low key.

I am sure Beth will rise to the occasion of Level 9. I saw her last year she is a strong gymnast. She just needs to keep in mind some of these Level 9's have been at this level for 2 - 3 years already!!

Have a great year cant wait to hear more.

They seems to keep the early mornings for the little ones here, keeping the later nights for the big girls. A good idea.

Good luck to her, sounds like Beth is feeling ready for the challenge.

I am glad to hear that Beth is not feeling as stressed these days! Early Morning Meets are pretty good for Beetle, as long as she is awake early enough. The late night ones are the toughies for her.

Both Beetle's meets are mid day Sunday so far! We are competing with Gym Monkey Mom's DD! And very excited

Our 8s compete at the Gopher meet on Sunday mid-day at the same time--so Beth will be there to cheer them on (unfortunately I won't as I work that night too). I'll make sure she keeps an eye out for both girls :-)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back