WAG Holding biased in-house meet to boost morale of team

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't want to beat a dead horse. It would make perfect sense that those numbers were indeed start value numbers. (Acm1989, I thought your first post was offensive. Hence my "sassy" response. But after careful thought and taking myself out of the situation, your post seems quite logical and I could see how you made that assumption) However, I never saw the score cards (the gymnasts may have gotten them but it was not available to the general public to peruse) and I've always seen those booklets that stand up on judges tables that they use to post SV. So it was clear to me the number posted on those paddles they hold up after each routine containing numbers you can flip around to get the number you want was the score.

I did not think to elaborate on how, where and in what form the 'scores' were posted. Since it was clear in my mind they were scores, I saw no need to present the details. But I have to say, based on the routines I saw, those numbers would make more sense being SV.

I have timed events numerous times for higher levels and the judges had me hold up the SV at all different times... during, after, not at all..

I do not think this is common. At our gym we have an in-house meet at the start of season in which we have real judges (the meet used to be sanctioned but isn't anymore). Our coaches ask the judges to take the maximum possible deductions so that we know exactly what we need work on and it also gives us a sense that we need to work harder and clean up our routines. Usually at this meet a girl who would normally get a 9.0 on a routine would most likely score in the mid 7s to low 8s.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back