Off Topic holiday advice big family - canaries or turkey (from europe)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Galadriel

Proud Parent
Reaction score
Hi
I will outline our family, our budget, what sort of hols we have liked and not liked, and hopefully we can get some suggestions! It is for beginning August 2012
me and husband, girls 18 and 17, (not needing nightclubs), boys 15 and 14

Budget - as little as possible! for 2 weeks all inclusive

What we have done that we liked:

Tenerife - Tamaimo Tropical in Puerto de Santiago - all inclusive
Why we liked it: Quiet part of the resort, without lots of shops and exciting cool things for us to be moaned at to buy. Short walk around rocky coast to the lovely Los Gigantes, natural pools 3 minute walk away where you can swim and sunbathe on rocky area with hot sea with lots of tropical fish.
Main good point for kids (and us) brilliant all inclusive entertainment (mainly due to 1 specific rep though..) and bar in middle of pool area.

What we have done that we didnt like as much:

Lanzarote- Sun Royal, Playa Blanca -still all inclusive, bit of a trek to the beach, and nothing to do right near the hotel at all. All inclusive entertainment was hit and miss - mainly miss. Bar was not at the pool.

We dont like the BIG resort holidays like Playa de las Americas type with loads of shops and loads of high rises and loads of expensive things to be moaned at to buy.
Dont want to be on the 'strip'. Dont want to be right near a load of nightclubs (which is why we thought we would love Playa Blanca.. but not good)

We will be hiring a car, and love walking on holiday, and love lovely towns and scenery and a bit of snorkelling, and it would be nice to be near a rocky/sandy scenic coast that has shops and local character - not a made for tourists town like Playa Blanca - but with excellent on site entertainment - we are going all inclusive to save money!

Have never been to Turkey and prices seem very cheap but not sure if it is our type of holiday? Like the idea of a different culture though.

What i would like (if you havent gone to sleep reading this...) is both ideas of general location that might suit (and i can always trip advisor it..) but would be awesome to have specific hotel recommendations too!

Essential - all inclusive (too dear otherwise)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back