How far do you drive?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm a gymnast, and drive about 45 minutes each way to get to my gym. How far do you drive your kids? How long have you driven them that far? We carpool with my friend who drives me, so they only have to drive out 20 minutes to drop me off and pick me up. Just curious to whether my parents should be complaining or not..thanks

My daughter changed gyms about 2 years ago and she drives about 45 minutes each way, 5 days a week where she then "kills" 4 hours before driving home again...when the 2 girls were in different time slots, she actually drove each way twice a day...she is not a stay at home mom, and she does not car pool...she just shares the days with her husband. If they weren't enjoying what they are doing (and excelling) she would probably complain.

Takes me 15 to get to my club gymnastics gym, and 20 minutes to get to the highschool gymnastics gym. A very rural area, so not much traffic.

It takes me a lil over an hour each way!!! My mum never complains about the price of petrol ect. but it takes four hours to get over there get back and do my practice four and a half if we get something to eat! I have been doing this since feburary with not one car pool!! I LOVE MY MUMMY hehe!! for Christmas we are getting her a kindle which is like an ipod for books (it's obviously bigger than an ipod) and it can store 1000 books, they are about $200 or so on amazon and you buy the books for $3 and download them straight to the kindle!! we thought she could use it while im at practice!!! :D

We are just shy of 25 miles from the gym. The drive is about 30 to 45 minutes except for this time of year. We are near a mall and it gets crazy just trying to get off at the exit. We live out in the boonies so all of the gyms are 20+ from our house.

It's about a 40 minute drive each way....But I can say that we have a gymnast in our gym that drives about an hour and 50 minutes each way. It can be tough, but it teaches time management to say the least :D

My drive is 15 minutes (home) but to get there i have to pick up 3 girls from their houses in our town and they are virtually guaranteed not to be ready(!) so it takes about 35 mins from leaving home to the gym door.
Luckily i carpool and only take and pick up once a week!

We are very lucky, we live outside the city limits, but the gym is on the outskirts of our side of town. So we have the benefit of it being close..abotu 15 mins away..and not having to deal with much traffic

1/2 hr. each way. kids on different days, so m-f. when dd moves to level 5, we won't have to go up there at all on wed. This is the only reason I am looking forward to level 5 sooner rather than later(lol)...purely selfish on my part, but-oh- to have that one gym free night a week!!!
team boys don't ever practice on wed, either, so once she moves up, that's it for wednesdays!!!

Our gym only takes about 15 minutes to get to, but it always takes an hour or more to get back because of the time of day/traffic. It's definitely not fun but it is what it is!

As long as it isn't rush hour, it takes us about 30 min - but during rush hour (which right now with her hours I don't deal with) it can take an hour.

We drive 30 min there and 30 min back. If there is traffic it could take 45 - 50 min each way. It really isn't that long of a drive especially when everything is at a minimum 20 min away.

There isn't a club gym in my entire county. My gym is an hour away with no traffic and good weather (it's about 40 miles each way). I take a major interstate and can go 70 mph which is awesome. The problem is that 8 months of year the weather is awful, I have to go over a mountain pass (like 11,000 feet above sea level) to get to the town where my gym is. It's known as a really bad stretch of road, there's even a TV channel to show conditions of the road . It's taken multiple hours to get home because of storms and a couple times I got snowed in because they closed the highway. It's worth it though! My mom was thrilled when I got my license. I get snow tires for Christmas every year :)

The road I take on a bad day, http://outthere.freedomblogging.com/files/2010/05/vaildaily1.jpeg

Or on a "good" day, http://inlinethumb55.webshots.com/27958/1232751139014746950S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I currently drive 35 min each way to take my daughter to gym (though if we end up moving gyms this will increase to 50 minutes each way). I cannot go home and back while she is working out because of the mileage on our leased car so I have to kill about 4 hours each day when I am over there.

The bummer is our current gym doesn't like when you watch so I spend a lot of time reading in my car and wandering through stores trying not to spend money. ;)

it takes about 20 minutes for me to get to the gym. we are the only gym in our area so the closer meets are an hour or 2 away

I guess we are lucky here, we have 3-4 gyms winthin 30 miles of the house, attending one about 7 miles away (still takes 15 mins to get there). Most meets are +2.5 hrs away.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back