WAG How hurt is my ankle?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So yesterday I did the stupidest thing ever.

I did a great backhandpsring on the low beam, then jumped off - and rolled my ankle.

Okay, getting past that.....

Anyway, I've wrapped my ankle up, but it still hurts a lot to walk normally or put pressure. Do you think it's just a roll? Or something more severe?

I"m hoping it's just a roll :D

Also, if it continues, I'll go see a doctor, but do you guys, based on your experience think that it'll get better quickly? By like tomorrow or Saturday?

Thanks!

In my experience, many gymnasts have seemingly just "rolled" their ankle and have had severe sprains, had to wear a cast and off gym for months. There are three different degrees of sprains; Grade I-mild (the ligament is stretched but not torn-healing can take a matter of days), Grade II-moderate (partial tearing of the ligaments/most common- healing can take weeks) and Grade III-severe (ligament is completely torn-may need a cast, surgery and healing may take months).

If you are experiencing pain when you just walk normally and the pain has not gotten better or is getting worse, you should see a doctor. I know you are hoping someone in this forum will tell you it will heal quickly. So many variables to an injury to even make a general statement. Even after examination by a doctor and X-rays, they cannot definitively say when your ankle will heal. All I am certain about is working out while injured only delays recovery and worse can cause further injury.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back