WAG How many meets per year?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Level 2 does 4 fall meets and 2 spring meets.
Level 3-5 generally does 6 fall meets which includes states and 2 spring meets.
Optionals usually do 6 meets which includes states, and then regionals and Nationals if qualified.

All levels also have an in-gym intrasquad. No scores or judges and no cost, but we practice a meet format in front of an audience.

Last year my 8 year old level 3 had 5 (including states).

This year as a level 4 it will be 8 total (7 + states if she qualifies....Level 4 is kicking her butt!). Many of those are smaller-ish local meets, two bigger ones.

We have a fall season and a spring season and we usually do 3-4 meets each season so 8 total. I think it's enough. We have to travel to every meet, average traveling time is 3-4 hours. I'm also an optional level judge so I have to attend more that 3-4 meets every season because the optionals go to different (bigger and further away) meets.

Wow, some of you have so many meets. As compulsories, we had three district qualifiers, then districts, then state (assuming you qualify that far).
As optionals, they have four meets, then state, then regionals, then nationals. (assuming they qualify/their level has a regionals/nationals). In Region 3, level 6 ends at states.

8-10 with Provincials. And that is without going to many of the invitationals around us. Could easily add another 5 of so if we wanted.

7 meets for all levels plus Regionals for L4+ that qualify and want to go plus Y Nationals for all levels that qualify and want to go... So a max of 8 for L3 and 9 for everyone else.

Level 5-10 boys have 1 in-house, 6 meets (4 are travel), state, hopefully regionals, then nationals and p&g for our lvl 10. The younger lvl 5-7s do Future Stars, so in-house with judge, evaluation, and camp.
Lvl 4s only do one travel meet, 2 local and state.

Based on this very un official survey, it seems like 5 plus states, regionals and hopefully nationals and a mock meet is most common. Puma and Splat are the outliers at 8 plus post season.

Based on this very un official survey, it seems like 5 plus states, regionals and hopefully nationals and a mock meet is most common. Puma and Splat are the outliers at 8 plus post season.
Most years, we have 8 plus post season... But one of the meets we usually go to isn't happening, so we have 1.5 months off before our final regular season meet.

this year - 9 plus states/regionals/easterns. although we opted out of the expensive travel meet. so for dd (l6) - 8 plus states. it varies per level and when their state meet is. our level 4 has states before the last meet we compete in so they do not go to that one and our 9s don't compete the first meet. our level 3s may go to a couple of extra ones because their state meet isn't until may and with march being our last gym meet, that is a long time to go w/o competing in a meet. our first meet was the first weekend in november. states for dd is april.
honestly, 8 plus states is too much for me as a mom. lol but dd loves competing.

As a parent my rule of thumb is to keep my kid to one meet per month, exclusive of states and regionals (when they apply). I think one meet a month is reasonable.

I miscounted. This year was 1 in house critique, then 8 meets (3 out of state) and then States for a grand total of 10. Girls are only required to do 4, I think. We do all of them, including the Disney one this year (we are in NY). Three this month alone...:confused:

I miscounted. This year was 1 in house critique, then 8 meets (3 out of state) and then States for a grand total of 10. Girls are only required to do 4, I think. We do all of them, including the Disney one this year (we are in NY). Three this month alone...:confused:

Interesting because out of state meets are the first to go, when I have prioritize what we/she are going to do. If it doesn't count to qualify, its not on my radar.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back