How much would i be deducted for...?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

how much do you get deducted for not having the 2nd back handspring at the end of your floor routine for USAG level five? Also how much would you get deducted for bent arms on your lhk and not connecting it to the back hip circle? I just got my long hang kip recently and my arms are a bit bent and not connected. I have a evalutation meet this weekend and im a bit worried, lol.

dying family members & cancer= worry

problems with gymnastics= concern

I don't know about the back handspring, but my DD was told by her coach that she could get a full point deducted for not connecting in her L5 bar routine...but my DD doesn't really connect anything yet, so I think that full point was all the connections added up??

im thinking .3 for the non connection, deductions for the bent arms of course too, and also the angle of the cast will get you good. For the bhs.... its something really big... maybe value of the skill plus a fall? I could be wrong though, i didnt do either bhs for level 5 my first year and it ended with my maximum score being somewhere around a 7. something.

omitting a skill is double the value of the skill. I believe the BHS is worth .6, so it would be 1.2. Bent arms are up to .3 for each time.

Like gymtigermom mentioned, each back handspring in the level 5 floor routine is worth 0.6. So, if you leave one out, then you lose double the value of the skill (1.2). Now, if you are unable to connect two backhandsprings in a row, perhaps you should do your round-off backhandspring, pause, standing backhandpring. This way, you will get credit for the second back handspring and receive a deduction for non-connection. However, this would be less severe than the 1.2.

As for bent arms, it really depends on how severe the arm bend is. It can be anywhere from 0.05-0.3 off for bent arms. If you do not connect the LHK to your cast, then I think you will receive 0.3-0.5 off. But, make sure you do the cast into the back hip circle.

Well i got my ROBHSBHS last night so hopefully i'll be able to add that in to my floor routine but bars.. oh brother, lol. thanks everyone!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back