Parents I wish we could schedule this for parents

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Split season JO to early states. Then an optional season even for the little kids. Coaches like the JO complusories they feel it gives the kids a strong foundation. And then the flexibility of an optional season.

Totally unrelated to my L5/6 curiosity... What is "early states"? Do you have a fall States and a spring States?

We have some gyms that do compulsory in the fall, then Xcel in the spring. I like that it gives them the time to do flexible stuff. But our gym does JO straight from September to April. Even though states is in December for the compulsory levels. I used to laugh because DD would go to States in December, but then end up having her best meets from February to April :(

Totally unrelated to my L5/6 curiosity... What is "early states"? Do you have a fall States and a spring States?

Its a NY thing. We have 3 States for L2-L6. One in Feb, called Early States, then an Uppper and Lower State in spring. Which one you choose is entirely gym dependent and how your gym does things. I guess you could do 2 levels in a year. Only one in spring. Our gym has always done Early States and moved on to an optional season in spring for the lower compulsory levels. Gets the kids to get used to their own routines and have fun with them, add some uptrained skills they have gotten solid. Once kids are JO optionals and Regionals become a factor I believe they go straight through to end of JO season. Not sure though because my kid isn't there yet.

This is not possible the waiting room is too small. Impossible to be far enough away to not hear the nonsense.

Curious, do the parents at your gym sit together during meets? how about during travel meets, do you guys socialize, have dinner together, etc so the girls can be together or is everyone pretty separate?

Curious, do the parents at your gym sit together during meets? how about during travel meets, do you guys socialize, have dinner together, etc so the girls can be together or is everyone pretty separate?
We actually get together socially and get along socially. Birthdays, swimming, the moms will do a Mom's night out, no gymmies, no kids, no hubbies. If its a travel meet we all stay at the same hotel, will have dinner together. Drinks:) We go on adventures together. Moms are fine when not in "gym" mode. And the girls all get along great.

Meets we sit close and talk but not necessarily right next to each other. We all root each other on. And quite honestly it s*cks to hear folks hoping your kid is in a different age level, the relief when she is.

In the gym. The whispering and who is getting more attention, the Moms who are giving their kids the stink eye for not doing whatever, the running commentary over who is not trying hard, who can do what better... Not for me.

Had to deal with my daughters placement this week. The level she is at, Moms, were complaining, no really she is going to the next level. We were so happy she was moving up. The others watching to see if I was "crushed". Umm not.

For my sanity, I simply can not stay at practice. I can not stress the week to week nuances of my own kid, much less everyone else's.

Really it was beyond freaking awesome to just watch the girls practice. I was the only parent there. Heaven.

Mostly I am a cheerleader, taxi and check writer.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back