IGC or Bela Karolyis camp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was just wondering what camp do you think is better? I might be able to go to one this summer. I live in Al so Belas camp would be closer but I moved from Pa so I am going down there to visit this sumer and Igc is only an Hour away from my aunts house. Here are the links to websites wich one do you think I should go to?
Just in case this maters I am a prep op 3 gymnast training level 6.

Igc website: International Gymnastics Camp - Home

Belas website: Karolyis Camp

I haven't heard much about Karoylis but ive heard good reviews about IGC. My cousin has gone there for many years and loves it.

igc is where to go. karolyi's is at the ranch. the same place the national team goes. the place is a toilet.

Thanks for the info as well. ;) Our girls were debating about Karolyes as well. We have the option of LSU, Karolyes, UofAl, or 2 private camps at gyms. Right now we are leaning toward one of the camps at a private gym.. One is in AL and one in LA. The LA coach approached our coach wanting our girls at his camp. Basically told the coach to pick. :)

I think it is at the Bama Bounders. My girls coach and the owner are friends. She feels like that would be a good place for our girls to go. We are in MS. So Tuscaloosa or Baton Rouge would be about the same distance for us.
What is the name of your gym?

My girls loved IGC last summer. Youngest is going back again this year. We drive all the way from Quebec for it, it's that good!

The gym is called HUntsville gymnastics center. I'm so excited I hope I get to go but my mom says if I want to go I will have to be more outgoing, since I don't know anyone their and I just started home schooling since we are looking for a less stuck up school. But I am pretty good about talking my mom into crazie ideas (thats how we just go our husky hehhe) Thanks everyone so much for their input I really appreaciate it!!!

My daughter is 10. This will be her first time as well. I am nervous for her. I am looking for a fun camp that won't be too intense or expensive, but near home. :) There was an add for IGC in my daughters gym magazine. Looked like lots of fun! :)

IGC has a very nice facility and as Dunno said, Karolyi's is a dump. I would think you would have more fun at IGC just because of the options they have. My daughter has been to IGC and Woodward and has loved them both. As you have family in PA, I would go to a camp in PA.

The gym is called HUntsville gymnastics center. I'm so excited I hope I get to go but my mom says if I want to go I will have to be more outgoing, since I don't know anyone their and I just started home schooling since we are looking for a less stuck up school. But I am pretty good about talking my mom into crazie ideas (thats how we just go our husky hehhe) Thanks everyone so much for their input I really appreaciate it!!!

if you go to huntsville gymnastics center camp, tell james [linderholm & the owner] that "the barrister" said hello. he'll know that "dunno" & "the barrister" are one and the same.:)

Definitely IGC over Karolyis. Everyone thinks they'll get Bella's attention at the camp, but it just aint so! He'll show up for a photo op. or something like that. Then, there's just not much else to do during the girls downtime.

My DD went to IGC for two summers in a row and absolutely loved it. The supervision is superb and the extracurricular activities are a blast for the girls. They get their good gymnastics workout, and then the regular "camp" experience on top of it!

Definitely look at what the camps offer the girls as far as fun things go. Some of the college campus camps don't offer a lot for the girls during their downtime. Yes, they're on a college campus and get to spend time in the dorms..... but remember, summer college classes will still be going on as well!!!

i've heard that Kayrolis is not that much fun. u dont see bela AT ALL. and that the coaches are really srtict. i would stick with IGC

Good to know in the future since my girl is only 4. This site is like hitting gold because it is great information. She would go to camp today if they would let her.

Wow. I think I will prob go to IGC. It's alot more money but it seems like it has a LOT more to offer. And dunno I'm going to gymnastics 2day so I will tell him. Hopefully I will remeber!

Wow. I think I will prob go to IGC. It's alot more money but it seems like it has a LOT more to offer. And dunno I'm going to gymnastics 2day so I will tell him. Hopefully I will remeber!

so, did you say hello to james for me???:)

A different take on Karolyis camp

Karolyis is high level gymnastics combined with a summer camp. It is not a dump. The gym is amazing and very well equipped with a huge pit, loads of beams, and bar sets and 2 floors.
It is a typical summer camp comparable to any in Texas. They offer intense workouts morning and evening and in the afternoon they have swimming, hiking, horseback riding, etc... The facility is well managed, clean, and safe. The campers stay in cabins up in the woods and eat in the cafeteria. My daughter has been there once for a camp and plans to go back this summer.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back