Parents IGC report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Picked up daughter today from IGC, we both were very excited to see each other. She seemed fine her arms were covered with e mail addresses and cell phone numbers since her papers were all packed up. She told me she had a really good time and really felt sick with a headache on monday night when she spent the night at the nurses office. Then she admitted later that wednesday night she was crying and was homesick but she felt better the next day.
She told me she really meet alot of girls and boys from all over and that she had a really good time with everybody. She loved the scary airey. She also really liked the food, she is a very picky eater. The camp counselors were nice and the one comforted her when she got upset.
As for the gymnastics she said they rushed through the screening and the screening coach made a big deal that she did not have her ROBHSBT without a spot, then on bars she went to show them her free hip and they kind of pulled her down. She kind of felt that she was put in a lower group before she had a chance to show them what she could do( alot of girls in her group did not have their kip or backwalkover on the beam). Anyway it turned out fine she got to work on alot of stuff, she liked bars and beam best no surprise there. She did not mind getting spotted but I wondered what kind of spotting they did since she was working backhandsprings on the beam the one time she almost fell on her head and on the strap bar she was doing giants and her 2nd time around she twisted and hit the bar. She has a big bruise on her leg. She did work on her ROBHSBT with a spot so maybe it will help her get it soon. She liked the warmup they did and the dance she learned.
She would like to go back again but we both decided that it we would wait a couple of years.
The pictures were expensive so I am glad that they did not take many of her, anyway there are 3 really good ones of nastia coaching her on the beam and the posters you can order are a few dollars cheaper than the pictures so I am going to order them so she can hang them in her room. It was also nice that you could e-mail the pictures to family and friends for free.

Well that is good news, mine also loved the camp but wasn't impressed with the gym. Great to hear that she wasn't ill and that they kindly helped her with her homesickness.

Do write to IGC and let them know what she loved and didn't love so much, they do respond and perhaps the more people that write the bigger the chance they will try to change things.

Mine loves the scary Airie as well, great fun.

I am driving mine to Gymrep this mornig!!! ENjoy the day with her!

I picked mine up yesterday as well. She did quite a bit of shoppping:):), and she picked up/polished up three skills, which I didn't expect. There were no homesickness issues this year, although there were last year. There was a girl from Switzerland in her bunk. which was very cool!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back