Important question about training

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Amir Hussain

Gymnast
Hi again,last when I were roaming in sites that provide program for fitness for example 50pullups.com I see that there say pull ups should not be trained every day.
I wonder what are exercises that should have a limitation in training?
Thanks
Amir Hussain

Could you please give me some factors or ways to determine the best program for different conditionings for myself as a curious gymnast?Thanks again for answering.

A lot of this is just trial and error and learning what works for you and what doesn't.

Some people alternate between muscle groups but still work strength every day. One day may be leg work and arm pull exercises, and the next day will be arm pushing exercises and core work. My feeling is there are enough exercises that you can benefit from that the list can somehow be split evenly into two separate sessions.

Speaking from my personal experience, I had a narrow focus on strength work and repeated the same exercises every day. It worked great for me, but looking back I can remember slowing down past my teen years and needing to a rest day in the middle of my training week.

At gym, we do different muscle groups every day, because remember, when you condition, your tearing the muscle, and it needs rest to grow back stronger. So for example, at gym we have a rotation, so one day is all legs, the next is arms and back, the next is abs and butt. Then we start again with legs, arms and back, ect.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back