Parents Injuries and the apparatus

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Beth landed on the ball of her foot last year on beam doing a split jump/back tuck. Broke three bones in her foot and had to have surgery.

Update on Surgery! She made it through the surgery Nurse said she giggled herself to sleep! Typical! She is in a boot and we can not remove dressing. took two pins to put the bone back together. The Orthepedic Group is the one who took care of Nastia prior to the last olympics and they also work with alot of the pro atheletes in Dallas. (The office looks like the sports hall of Fame) They have released her to return to gym on Monday for non-weight bearing activities! I was concerned about how it might effect her mental game! But she seems more driven now than ever! Thank you all for your well wishes! Will let you know how Monday goes.

Great! Glad surgery went well and I'm sure she'll be fine :)

My then 7 y.o. dd who is now out of gymnastics started having lower back pain last november and after 3 different doctor visits found out that she had a stress fracture at the lumbar 5 vertebrae. Both sides of the "pars" were fractured. It was not one specific event that caused this injury but repetitive twisting and bending due to gymnastics. We are unsure if her increased flexibility predisposed her to this type of injury. She was in a brace 23hrs/day for 3 months. She has still not healed and may have to have surgery if the vertebrae shifts any more. Her twin sister is still in gymnastics and she misses it sooo much. She is now on swim team and doing well. Just a wait and see kind of thing now as far as surgery goes. Glad your daughter is o:k and hope all goes well in the future.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back