Injuries

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

TNT4life

Hey everyone here at Chalkbucket! I am an elite power tumbler and just found out I have to get total knee reconstruction right before USTA team trials:( I'm pretty bummed, but hopefully I can recover in time for the second trials. Any tips on how to cope with this? I'd appreciate it!
Thanks,
TNT4life

I don't have any advice, but my DD was injured at AAU Jr Olympics and is yet to make it through a full practice at the gym. We are now working with a physical therapist and she is also hoping to being back in shape for team trials. Hope somebody here can give you some good advice.

i'm really sorry to hear that! the thing i would say i you need to keep up your determination to get back into the sport or else it will take 10 times long and DONT slack off on your therapy like i did for a long time, thats no good for anything. let us know how it turns out!
the best luck for you

thanks everyone for the support! I'm hoping I'll be back to new in no time! I have an appt with my doctor next week to schedule surgery and hopefully it'll be a speedy recovery. anyone else trying out for team???? our gyms hosting it!!

Any hotel suggestions for the Kentucky team trials? We haven't made reservations yet, hoping DD will be ready to compete.

Ive been there girl! I was an elite gymnast and in eighth grade I was in a really bad cheer accident. I was a flyer and i fell from a stunt with my knees locked, and my tibia was shoved into my kneecap. It shattered my kneecap and tore my miniscus, and i was taken to the hospital in an ambulance for an immediate reconstructive surgery. My tibia was two and a half inches into my knee and they had to move it back to its regular place. They couldnt put it totally back into place so now my left leg is about an inch shorter than my right. I know how much it stinks, trust me! I was in the hospital for a few weeks and I had intense physical therapy. I was in a wheelchair for about a month and a half and crutches for about two months. That was three years ago and I was told that I would never be able to do my sports again, but I just got the clear a few days ago that I could go back to my gym. Im sixteen now, and even though Ive already missed my peak I'm not giving up on my sport. So keep your head up, and you'll pull through like I did!

Oh my gosh, that's horrible! But that's awesome that you get to go back to gym... It just sucks knowing that you're so close to getting somewhere with your sport and then you have an obstale like my injury and your injury in the way... But you're right, gotta keep my head up high or I'll never get anywhere. Thanks for the story it was really inspiring, and I hope everything goes well!

MeganFlipsAlot *WOW*

WOW!!!!!!!! that is a very inspirational story i am so sorry about your knee! but you are an inspiration too us all! never give up! you go girl!!!!! :):p:):p:)
:) :huge: :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back