Injury Comeback :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm off my injury rest guys :) I can do bars without pain but I'm dying to do other things but it hurts to jump...Any tips on what else I can do without involving my knees being bent or pressured?

Yay! Congrats! :) I'm kind of off injury rest. Not really back full force yet, just starting with bars and beam and I'm hoping I will someday get back to doing vault and floor. Until then, it's lots of conditioning and some bars and beam! Anyways, maybe turns if you're not turning on that knee (or if it doesn't hurt). Lots of conditioning! Mounts on beam. I'm not sure what else. Ask your coach for some advice on what to do. Just make sure not to throw yourself into it too hard. And if it hurts-STOP! I know what it's like coming back from an injury, and you just have to take it slow, and bit by bit. The last thing you want is to be injured again. I know it's probably very frustrating and you probably want to just get right back into it, but just keep a positive mind and you'll get back to where you were soon enough. :) Good luck!!

Get on a bike. I know it's not gymnastics, but it strengthens the legs and doesn't involve any impact or lateral forces on the knees. The better your leg muscles, the better your knees will be.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back