Coaches Injury tuition

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

cocoslc12

Coach
Judge
Reaction score
Hello!
Head coaches or anyone with inside info, how does your gym handle tuition as far as injuries go? At my gym, gymnasts pay full tuition even if they're injured. A friend of mine works at a different gym and they said they discount 50% for injuried kids. The only time we dont charge tuition is if the gymnast is hurt to the extent that they cannot do any physical activity. Otherwise, they're expected to come in, do what they can, and pay full price.
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this??

If the gymnast is completely out - no tuition.
If the gymnast is only allowed to do their PT homework at gym (mostly just there to stay connected with their team) - no tuition
If the gymnast is only allowed to do conditioning (mostly just there to stay connected with their team) - no tuition
If the gymnast is limited on events (and does PT/conditioning during others) - 50% tuition

If the gymnast is completely out - no tuition.
If the gymnast is only allowed to do their PT homework at gym (mostly just there to stay connected with their team) - no tuition
If the gymnast is only allowed to do conditioning (mostly just there to stay connected with their team) - no tuition
If the gymnast is limited on events (and does PT/conditioning during others) - 50% tuition
This makes sense to me!

Full tuition and we hold their spot in class followed by free make-up classes for the days they missed once they return.

Or, we prorate their tuition for the classes they will miss that month and drop them with no guarantee of a spot being available when they return.

*this is what we do for preteam/competitive team, but I would keep this policy if I was managing rec, too.

Full tuition no matter how much you can do :(
I think (not sure) that you can give up your spot on team and pay I think half for the next month and take off. No one does that though

Our kids with broken arms and legs who can only come in to do stretching and rehab in the company of their teammates pay 50% and attend reduced hours. We have several boys in casts hanging out in the “cripple corner” right now. It would be unfair to charge them full tuition as they are not receiving any coaching.

Ours was 50% tuition if you are out for more than 2 weeks and the injury happened at the gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back