WAG Insanity

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think she was referring to the kids. Bog, you are insane. My knees, back and abs hurt watching the infomercial. I have heard of some of the gym's using it.

DD's team uses it on Fridays for conditioning. They are L4 and L5. She likes it, but she is a little on the crazy side!

Yeah I've heard it's hard. DD's gym does it everyday as warm-up. It's "insanity" to think that gymnasts warm up with what normal people consider a super difficult work out. I was just curious to hear the positives and negatives for gymnasts of this work out.

The positive could be that if only used in the summer it is different from their normal work out. It is not routine based and they can listen to someone aside from their coach telling them how many reps to do. The coaches know that it incorporates a full body workout with an emphasis on core strength and the coach can rely on someone else to tell the athletes how many reps to do so they can focus their time effort and energy on other aspects of training, especially during a long summer workout.

The collegiate girl's team used it at a certain college we coached club out of.

We got a pretty good laugh about it.

Collegiate gymnasts doing Insanity.

To note, they weren't very good anyways and their coach got sacked. She did not get sacked because of this but for other reasons.

I mean...really.

Yeah, I've definitely had to deal with a few parents and coaches who..... oh, you're talking about a workout program.

Nevermind

^^^ :confused:

*Shakes Head*

FacePalm_picard.jpg

So BlairBob I'm guessing that your opinion is that its not a good thing? Further explanation?

I did a little googling and apparently Tammy Biggs recommends it for whatever that is worth......

The collegiate girl's team used it at a certain college we coached club out of.

We got a pretty good laugh about it.

Collegiate gymnasts doing Insanity.

To note, they weren't very good anyways and their coach got sacked. She did not get sacked because of this but for other reasons.

I mean...really.

I know University of Florida has used it as well.

Great for burning calories. Fun I guess.

Not a fan as a warmup...AT ALL. Let's burn all your glycogen then go do events.

I'm not very familiar with what Tammy recommends for conditioning. I've always been very impressed by her drills for various skills.

I've also seen what some high end WAG coaches have recommended for conditioning...like doing KB swings jumps with cute KB. I liked Rybacki's stuff.

Great for burning calories. Fun I guess.

Not a fan as a warmup...AT ALL. Let's burn all your glycogen then go do events.

I'm not very familiar with what Tammy recommends for conditioning. I've always been very impressed by her drills for various skills.

I've also seen what some high end WAG coaches have recommended for conditioning...like doing KB swings jumps with cute KB. I liked Rybacki's stuff.

I just was googling gymnastics and Insanity and came across Tammy Biggs recommending it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back