Parents Intimates that fit under leotards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
Okay gym parents. Seeking product suggestions here.
This year we are competing in a long sleeve leo with a somewhat open back. We are searching for a bra that would fit under the leo, and is comfortable enough to compete in. I've heard that the clear strap bra's are good for not appear but are not exactly the most comfortable. Also preferably with pads Any recommendations?

Our leo back is something like this but the hole is about as wide as the mesh between the sleeves and the hole

videoframe_6531.png

I've used clear strap bras (from amazon) and they're not too bad! Definitely doesn't show, but they are plastic so you could try them and see if you like it. I lose all sense of uncomfortablness at meets since I'm trying to focus on doing well so that may be a factor lol

My dd used the clear strap bra from gk. It worked for her because her leo was dark and pretty thick material. But it was just one layer of fabric without any padding and was not very supportive. Some of the girls on the team wore skin colored bras which could be seen and just took the deduction if one was given. I don't know if it ever was. Depending on the color of the leo, you might be able to find something in a similar color that looks like it is part of the leo. Good luck finding something that works.

Ugh, it's so frustrating to get deductions just because something is showing on open back leos (or even other leos tbh). Wish this rule was changed.
Well it would be better if the rules (like FIG) required a certain level of leotard coverage that would make it far easier for athletes to select appropriate undergarments for sporting activity.

Well it would be better if the rules (like FIG) required a certain level of leotard coverage that would make it far easier for athletes to select appropriate undergarments for sporting activity.
Definitely. My least fav things in gymnastics are injuries followed by leos. Why can't we wear something that has proper coverage everywhere I will never understand. Its a step in the right direction that fig has allowed shorts for usag meets but the gyms often don't enforce it so it's not really working too well. But something is better than nothing I guess

Definitely. My least fav things in gymnastics are injuries followed by leos. Why can't we wear something that has proper coverage everywhere I will never understand. Its a step in the right direction that fig has allowed shorts for usag meets but the gyms often don't enforce it so it's not really working too well. But something is better than nothing I guess
I'm just glad DD is competing in a long sleeve this year. Better than the tank- basically a swimsuit.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

The Magana Club

Back