Off Topic Irene coming

• Thread starter Thread starter cher062
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
C

cher062

Well Irene should be here Sat night and all day Sunday.

In my area the coast is preparing for the worst. I'm inland so we are preparing for no eletricity, (which also means no water from the well so no toilets) lots of winds and rain. Brought in all the outdoor furniture, plants etc.

Can't be worse than the ice storms of 2009 and 2010 when we were in December with 4 weeks of no heat, electricity, water or anything and so many power lines down you couldn't leave your home if you wanted to. I can handle that then I can handle this

They already canceled the first day of school on Monday because of the weather and the town emergency call system has already been activated and we haven't even had one drop of rain yet.

We're prepared here too. Tomorrow morning we'll fill the bathtub with water to flush the toilets with, turn the fridge to it's coldest temperature, and get out some flashlights, etc. We are almost definitely going to lose power here. Good luck to you in the storm! I think my family is going to stay in and have a nice monopoly marathon to wait it out. :)

we are in east/central NC and basically are on the line between heavy/medium rain and wind. Looks like Irene was downgraded to a Cat1 so that's good. I think we will be fine either way though. Underground power lines really help... But I have family in RI, who will like get a direct hit or be on the east side, which is just as bad. Hopefully they have prepared well enough

Be safe everyone

heard about the storm last night on the news and thought of all you guys. im in the west so it wont hit us :p. i hope everyone stays safe and sound thought the weekend and nothing bad happens. i will definetly be thinking about you guys this weekend and next week.

First it was the earthquake now this! There's no required evacuations where we are but they expect power to go out and the whole city is under a state of emergency. We made sure to do our grocery shopping the other day and did some other things to prep for a widespread power outage. My aunt lives in Rhode Island and I have extended fam on my dad's size in North Carolina, so praying for them and everyone else in harms way!

Having coffee before going into the basement to put everything up before Irene hits. DH suppose to fly into JFK tomorrow morning but that looks like that's not going to happen. Praying for the best and preparing for the worse!

Lets hope Irene calms down a bit before tonight! Hoping for the best for all you guys up there!

Everyon on a plane to Optionals United's home on the west coast until Irene passes ;) Hope you have a good place to get Pizza and Chineese food. Don't for get the drinks.

Rain is here finally it's looked like it wanted to for the afternoon. No winds yet but I'm sure as Sunday unfolds that will change.

Can't believe Irene hit nj as a cat 1. So far only a little water in the basement because I fell asleep at 3:30am. By the time I woke up at 6am water was overwhelming the pump so I plugged in the 2nd pump. Hope everyone else is ok and has power. Just need a few more hours till she is out of nj. Will be praying for the NY and New England people.

NO POWER so that means kids are bored, no water, so no flushing. lots of rain and trees whipping around.
Hopefully we won't be without power for too long. They can't even send the crews out yet because it's too dangerous for the crews according to the power company. Well at least we have food. and the stove is gas so I can still cook. Hopefully the fridge will hold the food from going bad for a bit.

Lost power at about 7:30 this morning, but we had the bathtub filled with water to flush the toilets with... Our basement is holding up really well, usually at this point it looks like an ocean in there. There's just a few puddles in it now. Luckily, we got power back about and hour ago, and the storm looks to be about over where I am. My dad and I went out to look at the neighborhood, and wow-- we got lucky. Here are some pictures of what we found around us... (sorry for the bad quality, they are cell phone pics)

321565_2285117857257_1528207695_2496767_3285916_n.jpg303246_2285130137564_1528207695_2496782_7574236_n.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 12.jpg
    Picture 12.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 94
I lost power for about 8 hours, but half of it was through the night luckily! It came back on around 1 today, and now just flickers on and off. I had to go help out my grandparents though so I was out on the roads and WOW they are awful. Just about everything is closed, flooded, and trees are everywhere! I didn't think the storm was that bad! My grandparents basement ended up having about 4 inches of water just sitting down there. It is slowing down now though, probably on its way more north now. So glad my house and the neighbors seem fine! But a lot of bridges are ruined so we'll have to see how fast it all gets fixed.

Hope everyone is still doing well. I am on west coast of Canada so Irene is quite a ways a away. Hope you all stay safe, let us all know how it goes.

Lost power at 11am still without it the radio says it will be another 2 - 3 DAYS before we see power again UGH!!! Working on 50 min left of battery power on computer with phone chip inside to connect the internet

Hubby and son roaming the house don't know what to do with themselves driving me crazy!!!! DAughter and I doing crafts we have lots of that to do!!

Lost power at 11am still without it the radio says it will be another 2 - 3 DAYS before we see power again UGH!!! Working on 50 min left of battery power on computer with phone chip inside to connect the internet

Hubby and son roaming the house don't know what to do with themselves driving me crazy!!!! DAughter and I doing crafts we have lots of that to do!!

Oh no Cher! Sounds like you got it pretty bad. Hopefully the power comes back soon, but if not, I'm sure you'll have a good time with your daughter. Good luck!

ohhh Cher that is horrible! I hope everyone else is safe with only minor problems. we have been having some hot weather in this past weekend in the 90's and 100's! eekk. Hope everyone stays safe still, as Irene continues to go up the east coast :D

Power came on at 1 am this morning!! Yeah. Son is happy he has is x-box and internet again. Our house made out very well. No trees down in my yard, food kept in fridge, still have a roof on my roof (neighbor didn't fair so well - missing 1/2 his shingles and tree in driveway. Over all we faired very well. But I hate when we loose power that is a draw back to well water big time.

Yeah we still don't have power back here! Come on Pepco, my phone with its internet hot spot is about to die lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back