Parents Irritated/slightly amused/astonished DRAMA ALERT

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My husband said he gets jealous also but fights the feelings because envy and jealous leads to wrong feelings and attitudes. It is very hard to stay meek and humble and know that God is in control of all things even gymnastics! :) One thing we do before practice and meets is pray for everyone and the meet and the judges. We especially pray for safety and a girl or girls who need encouragement, it gets a our eyes off of ourselves and on to others. We try to look at the big picture of all this and the life skills being learned. We have a meet in PA this weekend and are very excited because it is an overnight-er! Take care.

JUst a small reminder for our new members, we do not do religion or politics here. Too many different culture s and creeds represented here. SO lets stick to gym and it's madness thanks!

So sorry you have to handle all this. The part I would fear would be if the children of these parents learn by watching the behavior of their parents. Children will repeat and follow what they see and hear so it has the potential of leaking into the kids. We found this very true of our DD experience. However, when we moved her to a gym with a team of younger kids with a more fast track mentality she had more support and the parents were more understanding. I think the little ones need an atmosphere with experience in coaching younger ages. Sounds like your daughter has a gift for the sport, it will be exciting to hear what she accomplishes along the way:) A side note to the no viewing practice rule. As a former gymnast from a elite gym I will always know what is being said in my kids gym. Sometimes, like it or not, there can be mental games played in the gym. Kids can be trained to show no emotion, not complain no matter what. This can have a life long effect so I need to know what's going on and be the safe place for my child when one is needed:) I digress. Hang in there, sounds like you and DD will be in it for the long haul sit back and enjoy the ride;)

JUst a small reminder for our new members, we do not do religion or politics here. Too many different culture s and creeds represented here. SO lets stick to gym and it's madness thanks!

So sad to hear we can't use the words God and prayer. We talk of fairies and magic dust. I understand but I am saddened. No matter what religion or creed we should be able to tell people how we handle the stress of the sport.

So sad to hear we can't use the words God and prayer. We talk of fairies and magic dust. I understand but I am saddened. No matter what religion or creed we should be able to tell people how we handle the stress of the sport.

Why would you be sad? The rule is what it is, this place is about gym and trying to have politics and religions in the mix can get messy. Fairies have never caused wars or arguements, we cannot say that about relions or politics!

Anyone can use the words god/s and prayer, we just do not want discussions. THX

I agree.....I don't think it's preachy to say God is in control...what we mean is in OUR life!! doesn't have to be for all!!

Enough already. This thread needs to get back on track or it will have to be closed. You know the rules,now move on.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back