WAG Is it realistic?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

H

Hanada

All these threads of college gymnastics have got me wondering if DI gymnastics would be a realistic option for me? I am just finishing my first semester of high school (im a freshman) with a 4.0 grade point average, and I think I'm competing level 9 this year with these skills:
Vault:
Open tuck or laid out tsuk
Bars:
Handstand half, free hip handstand, shoot to high, giants, flyaway full/ one and a half
Beam:
Front tuck, back handspring back tuck, switch leap back tuck/pike, front full dismount
Floor:
Working on double back, one and a half twist backwards, front tuck to back full, front full.

I'm still up training and improving, so I'm just wondering if a DI scholarship would be a realistic goal for me? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that it is possible for you if you continue to train at a reasonable speed of progression without injuries, its almost definitely possible (the almost is for if you have injuries).

I say go for it! It sounds like a reasonable goal. Always keep your grades up and stay well rounded. That is super important. I can't tell you how many gymnasts I know who believe gymnastics is the be all, end all. They would be so lost if they were injured and couldn't compete. It looks like you have great grades! I would encourage you to aim high and stay open to a academic scholarship as well. Hugs :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back